Cleaning Bathtub for Baby

How do you moms clean the bathtub before giving bath to your baby? My baby is 8 months old now.I always used just soap and water to clean his baby bath tub , but since he will be sharing the adult bathtub with us I want to be more careful with cleanliness and germs.I generally clean our bathtub with clorox but I think the chemicals would be bad for my son?Would love to know what you moms use that is safe for baby baths.Thanks in advance!

This book is AMAZING!!!!

Clean: The Humble Art of Zen-Cleansing
Michael DeJong (Author)

I had a hard time cleaning the bathroom because of all the chemicals..then one of my old co-workers gave me this book.
5 ingredients that you need in your house : Baking Soda, Borax, Lemon (or concentrated lemon juice),salt and white vinegar.

2 ways - Dip half a lemon into borax to create a basin, tube, and tile cleaner. Scrub using the halved lemon, juicy side down. Rinse with clean water.

OR -

Scour your bathroom sink and tub with full-strength white vinegar. Apply it with a sponge or a cloth and wipe it clean. It will remove that ugly soap scum ring.

I just take a container and mix equal parts of borax, baking soda and salt. And then scoop it out and sprinkle it all over the counters, tub, toilet. Then I have a spray bottle that has the vinegar and lemon juice in it and spray the dry stuff from the container and clean away.

You don't have the nasty fumes that make you sick all day. It's awesome and really inexpensive to do compared to all the different cleaners that are out there. Good luck and happy breathing while cleaning.

I use Melaleuca's tub-n-tile. Uses the power of lemons (citric acid) to clean. Safer then bleach for my babies, but whatever u use- the important thing is that you rinse the tub thoroughly. Everything that is 'natural' or 'from nature' doesn't mean it is good for us, or our babies! ;)
HIUGS

I have always used Clorox. Bleach is really just chlorine, which breaks down in water. That is what daycares use to clean everything, and it's accepted as an appropriate sanitizing agent by health departments everywhere as long as it's properly diluted. If it works for you, there is no problem with continuing to use it as you always have.

I would also mention that while it's a good idea to keep your house clean, you don't have to go overboard. It's not a bad thing for children to be exposed to a reasonable amount of dirt. It helps build their immune systems, and there's even some evidence that if you over-clean your home, your kids might have a higher tendency toward allergies (in other words, our immune systems need to be kept busy or they start attacking us). Just a thought! =)

I would just fill the tub with warm, (but not water that will burn if you stick your arm in it) and dump in a cup or two of white vinegar and some dishsoap. Maybe fill the tub so that the bottom is covered 2-3 inches. Then get a wash-cloth and just clean the tub thoroughly. Rinse well and you should be good to go. I have heard that bleach is a major carcinogen (cancer causing agent) but I am not sure if it has been proven or not.

I use natural cleaning products all the time. I clean at least once a week and then I rinse it out before and after baths. I still give my 8 month old a bath in his baby bathtub but I put it in the big tub. I hope this helps.

1 / 3