Cleaning American Girl Dolls?

Hi moms! I just bought a used American Girl Bitty Baby. The problem is she has a blue mark on her forehead. (Previous owner thinks it might be marker, but she wan't sure). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean it? I don't want to ruin her...
Also, is it at all safe to wash them in the washing machine? Or should I just spray her down with Lysol?
Thanks for your help!

my daughter drew on her american girl doll with pen. my husband read on the internet that you can use pimple stuff, I forget what its called. You rub it on the mark and then leave it sit under a light over night then wipe it off. All of it came off. She actually drew on the hands too.

My sister bought the Samantha doll at a shop and wanted to resell it on Ebay to make money....there was a blue mark on its leg and we tried everything on the market to get that off, we even used a steamer on it. Nothing worked because some how the ink had settled too long and just wasn't removable. I hope this isn't the case for you, and wish you the best. Probably not the washer! :)

I used to take a dab of liquid dish washer soap and clean the faces of cabbage patch dolls. It has a little bit of grit in it. It worked great for me. I think it was the liquid Cascade. Plus, I always put them in a pillowcase and washed them on the gentle cycle of my washing machine.

do you know anyone that uses melaleuca products? Their SolUMel takes off permanent marker

American Girl has a "hospital" for their dolls. My neice had a doll that looked like it had been put thru who knows what. They sent it to the hospital and it came back good as new. I think the cost is around $25 depending on if you need limbs or not. Go on their website, it will be there.

Use SOL-U-MEL. It’s a mother’s dream!! It gets tough stains out of EVERYTHING! I wiped off marker from our refrigerator in one swipe! It’s amazing!!!

If you can't take it off, I know AG in their doll hospital in the Chicago store will fix her up for free (call to check). I don't think you have to show proof of purchase. (My daughters were actresses in the AG theatre for several years.)

American Girl actually sells a cleaner for the dolls. My daughter received it once as a gift. When I looked at the ingrediants it read "baking soda". So, save yourself the money of buying the "official" cleaner and get a little regular baking soda and some water, make a paste and rub in on the dolls head. The marker should come right off.

1 / 3