Clean Paint Stain off Stainless Steel Sink

Help. I just got the house painted and now there are some paint smudge on our new stainless steel sink and I can't get it off. I dont know what to use, water and soap is not working.... Any ideas, please share!! Thanks...

Wow, thank you everyone for your responses. I tried Mr Clean magic eraser and that did work. I'll keep the rest of the advice for next time, I am sure I'll need it. Thanks again for taking the time to give me your advice!!

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, that thing works on EVERYTHING w/o scratching. :)

You can use an sos pad. I used that on our stainless sink and it got EVERYTHING off.

If none of the cleaning advice works, there is a product called "oops" or something like that and you can get it at a paint store. It removes accidental drips from wood, carpet, etc. and I'm sure it would work on your sink as well.

M.:

My husband has owned a painting business for 15 years, and I can tell you that the fail-safe of all paint emergencies is goo-gone or goof-off. They are essentially the same product and you can get a small bottle at your local hardware store. Just rub a little on and the paint should come right off. It shouldn't damage your stainless, and it has a relatively low-odor. Hope that helps!

I use a plastic scouring pad, it is flat and slightly rough. Works very well and will not harm the sink!

Comet worked for us when we had the paint film on our sink.

Have you tried paint thinner?

I'd use a product called Scour Off by Shaklee. They are "green" and is "Oprah's" favorite organic cleaner. I have some. Contact me and I can take some out of my container and send it to you.

1 / 3