Classroom Party for 4Th Graders

Hi there! My thinking cap is just not fitting properly! I am out of ideas for end of year class parties. I need some help planning a 4th grade party that is from 9:30 - 10:30 am. It is a free food day, which means anything goes! Just want to do something different besides the usual donuts, muffins, kolaches, fruit tray, juice thing. Also would like some ideas for fun games that can be done indoors. This is for a class of about 22 kids. Thanks!

OMG!!! Thank you all for your quick responses and wonderful ideas! The party is scheduled for May 30th, and it is going to be a tropical theme. Since it is in the morning and only an hour long and had to be held indoors because of construction, I was kind of limited on my options. But with your help, I decided on a fun, yummy menu and a couple of quick games. I am serving smoothies, monkey bread, lil' smokies, cheese cubes with cute little flamingo toothpicks, and doing the build your own fruit kabobs. The kids will have a hula hoop contest and play that relay race with the chopsticks & marshmallows while the Beach Boys CD is playing in the background! Each kid will get a lei for a "prize." FUN FUN!!!

Bingo has always been a big hit with my kids' classes. Instead of prizes I let the winner call the next game, that way nobody goes home without a prize. A few other games are, guessing how many pieces of candy are in a sports bottle - closest guesser keeps bottle, a 3 legged race or pillow case race, red rover, or making a craft for the teacher.

For food I suggest making monkey bread. You can actually get it in the freezer section at walmart. The kids love the name. You make them give you their best monkey impression before serving it too. For game ideas do a search on the internet on parlor games. I also think you should try familyfun.com for ideas. Hope this helps.

I am doing my third graders end of the year party as well and have decided to just keep it simple. The older they get the more they just like to "hang out" and eat. I made a cd of some fun age appropriate music to play in the background and am putting together little autograph books for each of them with a picture of their class on it and then they can spend time signing each others books. As for the food, we don't get to pick....each grade level has to do the same. Crazy! I loved the fruit kabob ideas or smoothies..YUM! Good Luck!

Do an island theme, and have moms bring in different island reciepes, like crackers turkey and pineapple, coccunut,cake etc. Some kind of tropical punch smoothie could be made on the spot with a blender. Also, you could do a hula hoop game, see who can be the hula champion. Take turns two at a time and the last two compete for the prize. Another game could be that they have to put goggles on and flippers and run back to the line. Make it a realy game.

I am doing about 10 end of the year parties.

Try shaved ice! www.candisno.com

Owner!

We had a make your own sundae party and played bingo with prizes which was a hit.

As a former teacher I'd like to advise you to save any sugary foods and red dyes for the VERY last thing they get at the end of the day! The kids will be wound up already because it's party day- add sugar and what a mess!

Bring twister- that's always fun. Bunch of board games if it's rainy.

Let kids decorate own cookies or sundaes.

How about a Mexican themed party, with a build your own taco salad, Piñata, etc.

Or a white elephant party, where everyone exchanges gag gifts, limit $2.

1 / 3