Circumcision - Gilbert,AZ

well, My son is 3 weeks old and getting a circumcision is very important to our family and we have been looking for a good MD to do it. However I thought we found one but he is quoting us at $275 and wont do it after he's a month old. Has anyone else ran into this issue? A couple of MD's I have found can do it for $150...but I cant find any feedback on them. I just want to make the best decision. Any suggestions?

Did you try the Children's Center by Banner Desert Hospital? I like Dr Sleder and Dr Liferman. Good luck.

Please don't let the cost be your driving force in Dr selection. My son's was done in the hospital and the Dr didn't remove enough skin and we ended up seeing a pediatric urologist. He is 10 months old and the skin still re-attaches. Go to someone with a lot of experience. We really liked the urologist that we saw. I don't remember his name...I want to say it was Dr. Bailey. The office is located at Banner Desert. He had to break the skin adhesion on my son. Good luck!

it could be worse, my son was done at 6 months and with insurance it cost is $2500.00 he was also had to go under for it.

Those are quotes from docs, but what you should be looking at is what it costs through your insurance. Some insurance companies charge the same to you no matter how much the doc charges. So if one quote is $100 and the other $200, but insurance charges $50, it really doesn't matter financially which doc you go to.
With our insurance, it was almost all covered.

I don't know where you you live, but I have 4 boys, and all but one of them was circ'd by Dr. Piacentine of Mesa Pediatrics. My one son who was not done by him does not look the same, and I regret that I didn't wait for Piacentine to do it. Our insurance covers the procedure, so I do't know what he charges, but I'm telling you...I live in the West valley and I have my babies at Banner Desert because of their great NICU (we have congenital blood disorder issues) -- but I would have driven back for Dr. Piacentine in a heart beat!! He is WONDERFUL. Very kind and soft spoken -- and so gentle with little ones. He's amazing. I'd look into him if you can. I personally wouldn't see anyone else. Good luck!!

Hey E.,

We used a pediatric urologist for our son, and he was excellent. His name is Dr. Argueso, and he has an office at the Phoenix Children's Hospital campus. Don't let money be the arbiter of your decision, here. Go with someone you know is good, given the experiences of other mothers.

Good Luck,

A.

Check with your insurance. Ours covered 80%. As far as a referral, ask the doctor.
We had to wait until after 3 weeks because the doctor did not feel comfortable doing it when he was born. There was some type of extra skin and they wanted it to grow out a little more before they did the procedure. My poor little boy was about 6 weeks old and then about 8 weeks old when he had to go back to have it re done! This time he had to go under! The point I guess I'm trying to make is just get it done. I thought I had the best doctor. He came highly recommended, but he did such a bad job the first time. We had to go back in. I totally think it was a money thing for our doctor???

Dr. Alan Singer with Camelback Pediatrics. He is also a moyle so he has a lot of experience.

Dr. Fishman at
www.azurology.com
don't know your specifics but you can email the doctors from their website and ask your questions. Or contact their office at ###-###-#### to see prices or if your insurance covers it...

1 / 3