Chuck E Cheese for Toddlers?

I am thinking about having my sons 2nd birthday party at Chuck E Cheese in May. I know they have a toddler zone - anyone have any opinions about the age appropriateness? I was worried that it might be too "old" for my little guy. Please let me know what you think! :)

Thank you to everyone for your responses! I actually checked into it today and the dates and times were getting pretty limited for May (already!) so I booked a date for him. The price wasn't too bad. I think it will be fun. We're going this weekend to get him used to the place.

In my opinion, if you really have a monkey boy, go to Bounce Town off 50 and Bradshaw. They hold partys or you can go Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a $7 addmission for the kids and adults are free. I have the number ###-###-####. We go for open play on Tuesdays and my 3 year old LOVES it!!! They also rent out the buliding for partys the other days of the week. Chuck E Cheese is ok if the little ones stay in the toddler area, but if they want to do the other stuff I would count on the big kids pushing them around (from expierience). GOOD LUCK!!

Chuck E Cheese is great for all ages. The best part about it is no child can get out without his/her parents. Your hand and the childs hand gets stamped with a number and they cannot leave unless your number matches, so if your little monkey ventures off then there is no worry that he is outside. Also in the toddler zone there are rides and a play place and one or two games. You can also sit at your table (if you are in the toddler zone) and entertain the other adults at your party while keeping a close eye on your child.

My son had his birthday party there since he was about 2!! And he is 8 now!! He loves it. I hope your little guy has a great time too--just be careful when the animated characters come out make sure he doesn't get scared--my daughter did. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 21 month old son too. We took him to Chuck E Cheese last month and he had a blast. Of course, we went around the whole place with one parent in tow at all times. My best suggestion is take him there and see how he does. See if he is willing to stay in the toddler zone or if he wants to venture out. Then you will know if the party is a good thing. Just have to tell you though, their pizza is awful.

Hey H.,

How funny that you were thinking of chuckie chesse for your sons birthday. My daughter will also be two in May and we were going to go to chuckie chesse as well! I think that it is a winderful idea. My daughter went in Dec for one of her cousins birthdays and she loved most of the rides. My husband played several games and we have saved her tickets to get something really nice for her! I think that taking your son for his birthday is a great idea and that he will enjoy it. If he has never been I suggest taking him once before the party just to make sure that he would have a fun time!

Kimberly

I personally think you are nuts if you want to take other kids there. Your toddler maybe ok because you are focusing on him and where he can play but if he is like mine.. he has the idea of video games and wants to play..
I think that place is too costly for parties. You end up spending a small fortune on the tokens for the kids..

This is a warning for all parents. I held my daughters 4th birthday party here and she contracted MRSA. For those not in the know this is a virulent staph infection. Staph skin infections, including MRSA, generally start as small red bumps that resemble pimples, boils or spider bites. These can quickly turn into deep, painful abscesses that require surgical draining. Sometimes the bacteria remain confined to the skin. But they can also burrow deep into the body, causing potentially life-threatening infections in bones, joints, surgical wounds, the bloodstream, heart valves and lungs.h there is no cure and it is resistant to antibiotics. The worst part is that when I contacted their corporate office they told me very rudely that they carried no liability in this issue and refused to respond to my questions as a nurse as to how they intend to isolate and control the bacteria so that this does not occur again. Given the life of staph and the fact that they have yet to inform the public or take appropriate precautions, you should assume that all of their games and equiptment are contaminated and can result in MRSA.

I highly recommend not having it on a weekend! It is crazy and for some reason people think they don't have to watch thier kids while they are there! I took my son once on a Friday evening he was about 3 - 3 1/2 another kid came and jumped on the little ride he was on and tried to push him off! There were no parents to be found!!! If you do his birthday there I would try on a week night or afternoon if possible. We take our kids their on their birthdays for lunch, it usually works out pretty good and is way less crowded!

1 / 3