Christmas Present for Kindergartner's Bus Driver?

Hi mamas,

This is my DS first year in school, so I am not sure on the proper etiquette. Any mamas with school age kiddos--do you buy/make your child's bus driver a gift? If so, what? I am looking for ideas if I do get her one. He's gotten in trouble a couple of times on the bus this year and was sent to the principal over it. So, the way I see it, his bus driver deserves a gift for putting up with him. LOL! Thanks for any ideas you have.

I gave the bus driver a gift one year for getting my SD to school safely.

I gave a sm box of Sees chocolates.

You could, also, give a nice ceramic travel coffee mug.

Travel umbrella

My mom is a school bus driver at the Lake of the Ozarks. It's a tough job. The best gift I've ever given her? These: http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-soft-Suede-Deerskin-Palm-flee...

Missouri winters are COLD...and getting the bus ready (pre-checked) to go is a very cold job. These aren't just "any" gloves. I picked these because the leather palms will not slip on the wheel as she's driving, and they stay super warm and dry. They're really soft inside and well insulated against the wind and wet.

I also bought a pair for myself and wear them all winter. :-)

It's so kind of you to give a gift.

I gave a sm box of Sees chocolates.

Travel umbrella

I make the bus driver and mailman cookies...I wrap them up nice or put them in a pretty tin with a Thank you note. You could make jam or xmas candies or chocolate dipped pretzels.

I very much want to thank the bus driver every year. They appreciate it greatly!!! I will give a small ($5-$10)gift card and/or some type of yummies.

My FIL and sister drive school busses...the story's and the things they have to put up with...YIKES!

The one year we had a not-so-great bus driver and it makes you love the good ones all the more!!

a handwritten "thank you" from your child, with a candy cane attached. :)

I've made them scarves, hats...

This is a homespun gift that's quick, fun to make, and it never fails to give smiles(he never forgets anyone!). It's really great(and eco-friendly for those that are going green), recyclable, bio-degradable(cotton and rice and tea all compost nicely).

Supply list:
Cotton Quilting fat quarters(Walmart for about $1 and some change) for each person.
2 boxes holiday tea if cheaper than looseleaf
Cheapest bag of rice(Walmart again usually has cheapest)
Cotton yarn
If you don't use a sewing machine, needle and thread(thread never has to match these if using a machine, I usually use white or black thread in mine).

We wash and dry the fabric(unscented soap and softener.
We then fold them in half(pressing them with an iron if needed), then fold them again.
Then we stitch along the long side, and one end of the shorter sides.
Turn inside out. You now have a tube.
Place into it 1 cup of rice, and then the contents of two tea bags, then the other cup of rice.
Turn the unfinished edge in, then stitch the end shut.
Shake the now pillow of rice and tea a bit to mix it.
If they are not old enough to handle a sewing machine or needle and thread themselves, give them two large pieces of cotton yarn, and have them tie the pillow in thirds, knotting them snugly in place. Make a nice bow of each, and clip the excess tails to make them even if desired.
Print little wallet size pictures of them, and glue onto cardstock paper with the following instructions:

(scent of tea here) Hot/cold pack.

Directions:
For Hot pack: Place pillow in microwave, and heat for one minute, or for 30 seconds extra if not warm enough.
For Cold pack: spritz lightly with water, and place in freezer for 2 hours, and use as needed.

Fun fact: Rice after being warmed for a while, gets a toasted nut smell.

Merry Christmas (Insert name here)!

We make these yearly for family and friends(they always love having several), in addition to any other gifts we give them. You can make these in bulk and do a homespun Christmas. If it comes from the heart, you can never go wrong.

I put cash ($25) in a Christmas card. They have the most important job IMO:)

I definitely intend on getting our bus driver something. I dind't give the bus driver anything last year. However, we've moved and this bus driver picks my kids up at the driveway so they don't hav to cross the street. If I'm running late or he's early when dropping them off, he still lets them get off the bus and hangs around until they are safely inside. He just really goes above and beyond in my book and I want to thank him. I was leaning towards a gift certificate, but not really sure on the amount.

1 / 3