Christmas Party Activities for Kindergarten

I am in charge of planning the Christmas party for my daughter’s kindergarten class. I really need some good ideas for games and craft/activities. I also headed up the Halloween party and I think the kids were a little disappointed with my lack of imaginative activities. I really don’t want to disappoint again.

Well I just had a birthday party for my daughter and there were a couple of games that went very well with the kids.
One of them was a bean bag toss game. I had all the kids line up (theres 6 bean bags) and they each got to toss 6 bags to try and make it in the holes. We had 2 rounds and added up the points and found first and second winner and gave a prize.
Then I had a balloon pop game which the kids all loved.
I filled the ballons all with confetti and blew them up.
Inside one of the balloons I put a little paper that says WINNER! One by one each kid would get to pick the balloon they wanted to pop, we would help them (we had them hung from the ceiling.) and the when they popped the balloon it was fun cause all the confetti/candy would come out and the kids were crazy about it. It was definitely there favorite game.
Have fun!

I didn't read all of the reponses - maybe someone already suggested this...read the story of the Gingerbread man and decorate gingerbread cookies. You could make real cookies and decorate with frosting and candy, or just get a large cutout of a gingerbread man, run it off on brown cardstock, and decorate it with googly eyes, pipe cleaners, sequins, etc. You could also have each child bring a $1 gift and have a gift exchange. Hope this helps.

Hello, I too, have a kindergartener and am involved in planning their Christmas party. I went to familyfun.com and looked on there and got some really great ideas. You just need to make sure to remember to keep the project fairly simple. Good Luck!!

Last year my son's K teacher split the kids into groups of 5 or 6 and had them rotate to each activity. Those activities included a Christmas cookie decorating table, pin the nose on the snowman, bean bag toss game, and Christmas word-find table. There were other parents at each activity to help out. Everyone seemed to have a good time =) Good luck!

I'm helping with my son's first grade class and we're doing a Polar express party. We're having the kids wear their pjs, reading the book, and serving hot chocolate and donuts. We wanted to keep it fairly simple since there is so much other "stuff" to do around this time of the year. I have a 6th grader and 4th grader also and I hate to break it to you, but they're not going to remember this party in a few years, so don't stress about it too much! The kids are just happy to be doing something besides school work.

I am in charge of my daughters party as well and we are going to frost giant sugar cookies. I'm making enough so that each child gets two. One to eat that day at snack time and one to take home.
I am having the other Mom's bring frosting and sprinkles. I think it will be a lot of fun.
I will be interested in hearing what other ideas you get b/c I need to do one more activity with them in addition to the sugar cookie decorating.

Pin the nose on Rudolph, Musical chairs to The chipmunks christmas music. Maybe do a craft if you have time like take pre cut out trees from Felt and some stars and ornaments also cut from felt and let them glue them together. Kids are never disappointed when there's a party involved. I know- I did my first class party this year at Halloween for my son's first grade class- I was horrified that it wouldn't be fun- but they had a great time!
Good luck and have fun!

Have the kids make ginger bread houses or you can get kits at Wal-mart, or have each parent donate, example, a few boxes of graham crackers, vanilla icing, chocolate chips, decorations to make the houses. You can find all different ideas on-line from making home-made ornaments to making place mats-donations from parents really do help

Check out the Family Fun website: www.familyfun.com, lots of great ideas for games and craft as well as snacks. Have a great time!!!

1 / 3