Christmas Ideas for a 2 Year Old Boy

Hello! As Christmas approaches, the relatives are starting to ask for ideas. I tend to steer people away from clothes because I buy a lot for my son and I tend to not like what other people buy ;) Anyway, we don't buy our son a lot for bdays, holidays, etc. so we have decided to just buy him a car ramp and a garbage truck for Xmas. He tends to like pretend cooking (he has a play kitchen and lots of food and dishes), farms and tractors, and books. Ideas? I am looking for some quality, long-lasting toys to give people as suggestions. The people buying for him have no kids of their own and he is the only grandchild so the relatives don't have a lot of ideas on their own! Thanks!

For my son (2 1/2 years), he's really into Thomas the Train, Cars (the movie), and all his tractors and trailers. What about telling them specific books and/or movies; pajamas, any other toys that might complete a set he's already got. Just a few ideas.

We have a two year old girl, but one of the things we asked for was fingerpaint and fingerpaint paper. You could expand the idea by making a craft bucket. Also, Play Doh is a big hit with my daughter.

I had no idea what to tell people to get my 2 1/2 yr old son. He's into a few different things right now; cars, pretend play with dinasours, trains.. So, I just went to Toys R Us' website and started a wishlist. I went through all the sections and added the items I think he would like to have. Then I just emailed everyone and told them about the list I created. Makes it easier for everyone.

S.,

My boys got the most use out of their train set. Age 2 is about the time that the world begins to revolve around Thomas the Tank Engine. My boys are now 7 and 4 1/2 and even though they still get regularly used, everything is still in working condition and we bought it 6 years ago. They also still use their plastic tool set that we have had at least 5 years.

A shopping cart for all his pretend food? Best toy (in my mind) is good old fashioned wooden blocks. Books are always good and it sounds like he may enjoy puzzles. (Melissa and doug one are the best).

does he like puzzles....we love Melissa & Doug products.

I have a 2 year old also. He has a ton of toys and trucks and balls, etc. So for ideas for people this year I am telling them things like play dough, stickers, color wonder coloring books, pull ups, bath toys, kids cartoon movies, etc. He loves all that stuff and it is a good variety that dont cost a lot of money for people to buy and he can still learn from them. I figure at 2 he dont really get the concept of christmas and santa and presents so as long as he has a few things to open he is just fine. There is nothing he really needs so simple little things like that are great.

Take a look at www.mybabycrazy.com. They have over 200 unique toys and products for newborns to preschool.

They can purchase right online and all of the products and toys are 100% money back or replacement guaranteed for life! You can't get that at a department store!

Books are always a great gift. Our 2 year old daughter loves blocks. For her birthday she got a set of large blocks (that are made from sturdy cardboard). She loves to build doghouses, castles, etc from them. Our daughter also loves balls, playdough, musical instruments, painting, stickers, and dress-up clothes. If you are like us you don't need any more "stuff". You could always suggest things like a family membership to a local zoo or children's museum, tickets to an event like an ice show or kids music concert, or a "gift certificate" for a special day with a grandparent.

My vote is the Magna Doodle...I would stay away from Etch a Sketch...he is great in Toy Story, but no one can really draw like that on there!
We also have a "Lego table," although it is not Lego brand. It has a nice top piece that easily removes on /off to use as a regular table or lego table. Ours came with 2 chairs...
How about his own set of character dishes? I have twins, and when they were 2 my parents got them a Jump-o-lene. You have to have the space for it, but it kept them active all winter long. Not a day went by that they didn't use it!
What fun times lie ahead for you!!

J. L.

1 / 3