Christmas Gifts for a 3 Year Old

I saw someone else ask this about their 7 y\o, so I got to thinking. Chritmas really isn't that far away and I have no idea what to get our daughter. She is 3 y\o and has EVERYTHING!! She likes to do basically anything. Any ideas would be great!Thank you in advance for all your suggestions!!!

Thank you soo much to everyone that helped!! I have a bunch of ideas now and appreciate all of them!! Once again thank you for all of the help!! Everyone on Mamasource is great!!

I love these two cataglogs for toys.
Contructive Playthings and Sesational Beginnings.
I have ordered from both companies since my child was 2 yrs. old. Now that he is 7 he takes a marker and circles the items he wants himself.
Also I love any games from Cranium. Hullabaloo is really fun and interactive for 3 year olds. Kids love it. I highly recommend it.
Have fun. When my child was three it was the best Christmas
in my entire life. The feelings of that Christmas are echted in my soul. It was so magical. It is a perfect age for all the wonder and magic of the holidays to come alive.
Have the best season ever.

A membership to the zoo, or the Henry Ford or something like that. It doesn't take up any room, you can use it over and over again throughout the year and it is fun for the whole family.

My daughter will be 3 next month and we LOVE Barefoot Books! In fact, we loved them so much I started selling them last winter. I like that, as far as TOYS go, books will last forever and they don't take up much room in your house like the big plastic toys!!

Check out the full catalog via my website at www.mybarefootbooks.com/LoriHachenski and/or e-mail me for some product recommendations.

At our house, we like: Animal Boogie (comes with a great singalong CD!), The Gigantic Turnip, Farmyard Jamboree (another one with a singalong CD), Storytime, and SO many more.

Good luck with your search . . .

The perfect gift for 3 year olds is Cariboo from Cranium. The gift is also good for 4/5 year olds. There is a basic and advanced side of the game. My son calls it the "treasure game". Its a matching game that uses shapes, alphabet and numbers. Kids love it and don't even realize it's educational. It's sold at all major retail stores for $15 or less. Another good one is LeapFrog bingo. Same thing, educational matching game. Good luck

I love these two cataglogs for toys.
Have the best season ever.

If you really think your child has everything, try giving her the gift of giving. Have her cull old toys, books, clothing out to be given to Salvation Army or St. Vincent dePaul. Have her write letters to the well-wishers in her life and let them know to give her gifts (new, unwrapped) that she will collect and donate to Toys-for-Tots this year or Coats-for-Kids.
Help her make some cookies/brownies and take them to the area Police Station and/or Firehouse on Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. to let the officers know she appreciates them.
Contact the USO to "adopt" a service person for Christmas and make cards and send gifts.

The problem with these types of gifts of kindness is that it will become a habit and you may never get her to stop :)

Go to Target, Meijer, etc. the week after Halloween and buy any costume in her size (or a little bigger), then put together a "dress up" trunk. I did the same thing for my daughter when she was 3 and she still uses it. You only end up paying $2-$3 for each costume and they LOVE IT!!!!

my daughter will be 3 in december

we plan on getting her a game.. maybe candy land or hi ho cherry o..

a doctor kit.

- Do you like near Lakeshore toys??

that is a great toy store...

They are alos online and have a great selection of toys - a bit expensive but good quality.

She's at just the right age to introduce to computer games that are educational! Reader Rabbit and Disney have some great ones! Have fun!

Hi N.

Around that age was when my son started to get interested in creating things. Art supplies and playdough, stuff like that. Maybe LEgo's too.

Also, sports. A soccer ball or t-ball set, maybe?

Does she have a Big Wheel? My son had one , but got a new one around that ae that had a bigger wheel in front so he could go faster (the other one was one of those rock and roll ones)

Memory games of simple games like HiHo Cherrio or Candy Land or Elefun are a ton of fun, too!

He also got a small c.d. player (in the shape of lightning mcQueen) and his first c.d. (Hannah Montana, what can I say? He loves her!)

It is such a great age... they get thrilled by anything. My son and I went through the sales ads and he made a collage for Santa with ideas on it. I was sure to explain that he would not get everything on it, just some though.

Have fun!!!

1 / 3