Christmas for 5 Year Old Boy and 2 Year Old Boy on a Tight Budget

Ok so I need christmas ideas, my mommy brain is fried. Here are the ideas I have and what I already plan on doing. I sew so I'm making my boys both super hero capes and masks, making my youngest a crayon roll up and doodle book and a personalized pillow, and I'm painting them both wall art to go above their new beds.

List for my oldest:
Baseball Helmet
Scooter
TAG Reader and Books

List for my youngest:
Bike Helmet
Music CD's
Guitar

My oldest wants a drum set for our art/music room but they are crazy expensive for a good quality one.

Any ideas?

I have found a good drum set on Toys R Us website for $79 it has gotten good reviews. I think I might just get this as a gift for both of them. They love love love music and no I dont think I have the next Justin Beiber but do want them to both be able to express themselves in a manner that they like. We love dancing around and listening to music so this just might be right up our alley.

Thanks for the ideas on Play it Again Sports for the helmets, my only concern is you really dont know whos head as been in that helmet. LOL

Everything you listed sounds like more than enough! My kids get 1 big present to share, than maybe 2 or 3 things for themselves (like books or little things like that), and then their stocking. I bet this year, including the BUNK BEDS I have to buy, I spend less than $300 on 5 people :)

Try Craigs list for the drum set.

It does not matter how much you get them or how much you spend.. just try to make it even.. Ie $50 for each.. etc. even if you spent $200 last year.. it does not matter.

Look on Craigslist. My fault, but I will never be able to top last christmas for my kids. Luckily they were only 1 and 2 1/2 and won't remember it. I got my daughter a wooden easel ($5) , L. wooden table and chairs set ($20), rocking horse ($15) and some other things that we bought from toys r us. I got my son one of those fisher price doors that are $90 for $10!!! A L. tikes cozy coupe-like truck that is around $80 for $10! I got more stuff but I won't list them all. When they are that young, they don't realize that you are getting them used stuff and it doesn't matter, they love it. There are some things like baby dolls and stuffed animals that I want new but if you want to save, craigslist is the way to go.

Buy a bunch of superhero costumes when halloween is over.....they are usually 75% off. These are my 4 year-olds favorite toy.

at 2 and 5 your better off going to someplace like toys r us for the music stuff. if they show an aptitude for it and you decide they are going to pursue it then you can go for the more expensive stuff. we bought my 7 year old son a toy guitar from toys r us for $29 he messed with it a little bit then just left it laying around. my older son a junior in highschool said hey can I play this. I said sure. he loved it. went and bought himself a real one. turned out he had the love and desire for it but the 8 year old not at all. I wouldn't waste big bucks on musical instruments at that age.

Maybe you can try a place like play it again sports for the helmets.

The dollar store & big lots are your friend.. Also may sound odd but check yard sales / pawn stores for some of those. Though if there is a program to get help for your kids i would say sign up for that..Nice ideas

Since you mentioned sewing projects- one year I made a matching hat & scarf set for my son and his teddy bear.
You could try Freecycle, craiglist, or goodwill for things like puzzles or board games.

1 / 3