Children Repeating I Love You Several Times a Day

I wonder if I am worried for simply nothing. My 4 yr old son tells me he loves me at least 30 + times a day. I have noticed he does this more when he is nervous or excited. Don't get me wrong I love it but I worry because I am a single parent

both of mine do it throughout the whole grocery store every time we go. and everywhere else but very annoying in the store. they ride on one of those car-carts and say it over and over and over again to me. I love it but sometimes you just want to put a sock in there mouths. I totally understand. By the way. nothing to worrie about. and suck it up now while it's happening because soon he will be 14 and you wont hear it again until he's a dad.

Awwwww! It sounds like he might either need your love or want to give it to you because he sees how much you might need it. I don't see anything wrong with it, but there could be underlying reasons that you might want to address. Spend special time with him. Maybe go out to McDonald's or to the library and read him books. Also, if he is seeing you hurt or hearing you talk about negative or sad things, you might want to take those things into a private room so he does not hear them or see it. Children are very sensitive to these things and I have learned...it took many years...to take it to the bedroom. :)

I have a 2 year old that only says I love you if you prompt her to. Argh! But, when she does, it is soooo sweet!

Good luck and I hope the best for you and your family!

I have a 4 year old also and she does the same thing......sometimes she'll call me from another room and when I answer she'll say "I love you". I think she does it just to be sure I'm still there......to hear my voice. I wouldn't worry.

T.-

I wouldn't worry too much about it. My four year old does a rather similar thing (only about 10 or 15 times a day), and I'm a married SAHM. I think that at this age, even though they crave independence, they still want to feel connected to the most important people in their lives. He knows what he feels, but doesn't have the language to express it fully just yet. With you being a single mom, your son may just want to make sure that you don't "go away" for whatever reason, and believes that if he tells you he loves you, you won't dissapear on him.

All in all, it's most likely a phase that he's going through. Just keep answering him in kind. And even work in some reassurance like "I know you do, sweetie. And I'll always love you." (My son enjoys that one). Let him know that his place with you is secure and he'll get through this phase just fine.

My best to you!
-B.

Hi T., I am a 37yr old single mother of a 4yr old son. He does the exact same thing!!! So maybe it is an age thing. One minute he is pushing me to the limit and then with a flick of a switch "I love you mommy." I seriously don't think it is anything to worry about. I just tell him i love him too. ( Even though i am thinking "okay enough already!" LOL) I don't think it has anything to do with being a single parent. In fact my son doesn't even remember his father and i being together when he was 2yrs old. He sees his father on a regular basis and for him this is just how life is. He doesn't know any different. Boys love there mothers... take it and run with it because i am sure in a few years we may have a hard time getting them to even hug us! LOL.

I'm confused...why would you be worried about your child telling you he loves you a lot just because you are a single parent?

we have 4 boys and the tell all us alot 2. sometimes i think that its just they want to have something to say.

I don’t think you should be worry... my son always said "Thank You Mom" I love you" it is nothing wrong with that even right now I am reading a book about how to teach your kids good behavior and manners and it says teach your kids how to said "I love you" at all the times specially at bed time isn’t wonderful? that I don’t have to teach him he already says I love you all the time.
I think is sweet!!
Take care
josie

1 / 3