Childcare Weekly Rates for in Home Care?

Hi. I live in the outskirts of the Dallas area and was wondering how much to charge to care for a three year boy that I would be watching during the day hours during the week.
Thanks.

Thanks for your input. I have two boys of my own and don't plan on opening a day care or anything. lol
I had an ex coworker of mine that approach me about caring for her little boy while she is at work during the week. We both were preschool teachers and I had her little girl in one of my classes.
I didn't know how much to expect for doing it. She has since offered me 135 per week.
Thank you for your input :)
Happy New Year!

The going rate around Arlington is $125/wk.

first and foremost are you listed, registered or licensed. In Texas you can get in trouble for not going though the state. http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/child_care/about_child_care_l...

down to the money. if you are a legal then 145 to 175 in n Dallas area (Wylie sachse Murphy n Garland

A. Harrison
Children's House Montessori Pre-School
###-###-####
http://www.freewebs.com/montessorihomedaycare/

My sitter charges $200 a week.

in KC it ranges from 125 to 175/week.

In Oklahoma in a licensed child care facility for a 3 yr. old we get about $15 - $18 a day, it depends on our level of STARS and our contract with the state. But we are licensed and have trained staff with credentials and a professional curriculum. For just watching a child and not having a child care degree I would say you should charge less. Not being rude, just you don't have any credentials yet.

If you are interested in becoming licensed then contact your local agency and have them mail you a packet so you can get all the information then start the training and be able to charge more and have more kids. It is a rewarding and enjoyable career. It isn't hard to get you CDA certification. Most of the classes are in the evenings and are fun. They should also be free, always free.

around here in houston is about $25 - $30 a day

Considering you do not hold a state license and the age of the child, $125/week. You can ask the parents to provide his food and drinks.

1 / 3