Child Modeling - McKinney,TX

I was intristed for my child to model because he had such a unique personalitiy and he was really cute so I went to kidztofame.com and enter his info and his pictures they sent me an email the next day to fill out a survey and send more pictures. After a couple of days onesourcetalent called us and then we had our appoitment then they asked for a second appoitment so during that they asked us to pay $500 for a professional photo to go on his online portfolio. Is this a scam

Thanks everyone I just got out of onesourcetaent now I think Im going to start kim dawson agency

Don't do it! My child did some modeling in Dallas years ago...and we never were required to sit for / pay for photos.

Yes, sorry. Reputable agencies take a percentage of jobs they book for the model. Headshots are not a requirement for them to work with you.

absolutely a scam! yikes. I would remove ALL info and pics. if I were you.

yes. any modeling agency that asks for money up front is not the real deal and is scamming you.

Reputable modeling agencies will NEVER ask you to pay upfront. They pay for your portfolio and everything else, then take commissions from your pay. Please don't send money to anyone. If you want a reputable local agency, try Kim Dawson.

http://www.kimdawsonagency.com/

They say that you should NEVER have to pay an agency, if they get you a job, they take a commission of your earnings (or child's in this case).

They might ask you to get photos done (a headshot and full body)... but I can't imagine they would have you pay them (you would go to a photographer of your choice and pay them...

This sounds sketchy for sure...

Read this page all the way to the bottom, through all the comments:

http://www.auditionsfree.com/about/child-acting-scams/

Make your own call, If it were me I would grab my checkbook and run!

-M.

It is not a scam but this is their business model: to have the parents pay dearly for the chance of being discovered. If your child is truly worthy of being a model, they will find you and pay you - not vice-versa.

Yes. They are notorious. Please contact the local agencies about modeling in the area, especially Clutts and The Campbell Agency. I've been a film producer in the area for features and short films for the last decade and you never pay for an agency to take the photos. You can get good headshots for a lot cheaper.

Once you get done paying those high prices for onesource, you get to do a lot of nonpaying extra work.

There is a local woman Lar Park Lincoln who has a book out called "Getting Started, Not Scammed" (www.larparklincoln.com). Lovely woman and it's very educational to those who are serious about getting their children involved.

Agents get paid when you get paid and take a percentage of the pay.

Yep, of course it is.

yes. You never pay an agent in advance.

This is going to become more of a problem in Texas. The state just decided to no longer license talent agencies. The reputable agencies in Texas have gotten together and plan to still operate under the old laws even though they are no longer required to do so.

If you are interested in getting your son into modeling contact either Dawson or Campbell agencies. They are both reputable and work quite a bit with children.

1 / 3