Child-friendly Barber/salon in Tampa?

My son is ready for his first haircut but I cannot imagine he would sit still or be happy doing this. I am seeking a place that caters to young children. Thank you!!

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. We ended up taking our son to Cool Cuts for Kids in the Target Center in Wesley Chapel. My son did super well and we got a photo and card to put his hair in. So cute!!

i go to great clips,my son went there for his first hair cut,he did real good there and they are real patient,he has been going there every since,he is now four,he loves it there, he always tell people he goes to GREAT CLIPS,to get hes hair cut.make sure you take your camera,and always save some of his firsthair cut,they also cut hair for locks of love,for free, if you have 10 inches are more,so if you know of any one who wants to donate ther long hair to the locks of love,tell them about great clips.it goes for children who have cancer.

The Cookie Cutters that was on Bruce B Downs is no longer there. There is still one in Brandon. We went to Kool Cuts 4 Kids at Bruce B Downs & County Line Rd. Very neat place. A little pricey, but the kids get to pick out a movie and sit in a car to watch it as they get their hair cut. My 15 month old did not move as he got his hair cut. He loved it!

We go to Kool Cuts for kids in North Tampa. My daughter won't sit still for much and she does great there! Don;t forget your camera!

COOKIE CUTTERS is great..there is one in Brandon and another in New Tampa. Pretty much the same as the other mom says about them. They even have a little first haircut package.

I take my little guy to a great place on Waters - just West of Dale Mabry on the North side of road. I think the name is Kids Style. Cuts are only $10 - $8 on Tues. and they have truck and motorcyle seats. You never need an appointment - and they give you a great little card to put babys first hair cut curl on. :-)

Hi - what an exciting event! I used to take my son to Cookie Cutters in New Tampa, on Bruce B Downs. There is an indoor playground to climb on if you have a wait (we never did), all the chairs are like planes or cars. Your child gets to pick a video to watch while they cut. And when you leave you get a balloon with a cookie cutter tied to the end. My son loved it, and normally he was always fussy about haircuts, but not there. Good luck!

1 / 3