Chicco or Combi?

I am having a hard time deciding which carseat/stroller combo I want. I originaly fell in love with the Chicco Cortina/keyfit travel system. My one major concern is that it might be too bulky/heavy. The other travel system I have looked at is Combi's tri-fold. I like that it is small and compact but worry about it's durablity/stroage compacity. Any suggestions?

I have the Chicco Cortina and I really like it. The stroller is nice, and the best part is the seat fully reclines- which is great when my son falls asleep, when he was really tiny, or when I want to change his diaper if we are out & about.

I haven't used either, but I had the Peg Pereggo infant seat and Peg Pereggo Aria one-handed stroller, and they were awesome! The stroller is easy to open/close (literally can do it with one hand), and it is not too bulky. The car seat was great too. It worked great for us, we're constantly on the go, even took it abroad and it worked great. Never bought an umbrella stroller because the Aria was easy and compact enough for us, even for small trips.

If you are concerned with weight and bulk. I would get any car seat and a snap and go, not a whole system, which are super bulky.
Get a Maclaren when the baby is 4 months old.
The Maclarens are super light, small and good to stroll.

I purchased the Chicco/keyfit30, then returned the darned thing! It does not click into grocery carts!!!Arrgh! Since we have 3 kids, I must be able to use the cart for shopping!!! We went with a Britax infant seat and purchased the matching stroller online. Love it.

You mentioned only two Chicco's in your posting, but your title says Combi? Have you looked at this book??? I researched the heck out of this book and ended up with the Combi Travel System. I lived in this book for amazing ratings on all price levels of items.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bargains-Furniture-Equipment-M...

http://www.combistrollers.com/products/savona_ts.htm

I chose it for three reasons 1. because of its ratings in that book, 2. because the car seat held more weight and one or two more inches than the others(hence lasted longer than most) 3 light weight stroller. My daughter was 3 in July and I still LOVE my stroller. It only weighs 14 lbs. so I have never even had to buy an umbrella stroller since most good ones wiegh this much anyway. My daughter loves the tray on this one and I love the storage space on the bottom, lots of shopping bags fit!!!! Most of my friends have the Peg Perego and mine has lasted much better.

PS: you may want to take a drive to Irvine to go to Bergstroms. I always thought it was a fortune, but we ended up buying all of our baby furniture there and the stroller. They have a giant selection and the employees really know the product.

I had the Peg Pereggo Pliko and loved it. It wasn't too bulky or too small. (I did get a smaller stroller for travelling when my son was about 8 months old). But the best thing for you to do is go to Babies R Us and try them all out. Practice opening and closing them and lifting them, etc. See which is easiest for you. (I also used to stop women on the street to see how much they liked their strollers). You might also want to check the Baby Bargains Book and Consumer Reports.com - they both give good ratings and suggestions on which systems are the best. The Baby Bargains book is great if you haven't gotten it - lots of good advice on what you need and don't need and how to save money on baby items.

I have the Orbit and it is AMAZING! It is the best system...so convenient. It is really expensive, but I got it for a friend for her shower as a surprise by inviting everyone to chip in for it, especially great for those who can't come to the shower. My friends, in turn, did the same for me. It may come across as way too much for a stroller, but seriously worth it, and my husband and I are generally very frugal. You should check it out at Dagermans or on orbit.com.

I have not used either brand you are referring to, but my only advice is to take the stroller for a test ride. If you and/or your husband have a long stride, you will end up kicking some strollers when you walk. Just a thought.
CONGRATULATIONS on your baby! She will bring you more joy than any words could possibly prepare you for.

I have the Chicco Cortina stroller with the Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat. I love it. The stroller is really easy to fold up, even with one hand. It is also really easy to steer. I know it's on the larger side, but you'll be able to use it for years to come. I have a few recommendations on the carseat though. You probably don't need the Keyfit 30, because your baby will probably grow out of it lengthwise, before weighing 30 lbs. My son does get pretty hot and sweaty in it, but it doesn't seem to bother him. When you install the base, make sure it is level. I use a hand towel. I like the fact that I could by an extra base for my husband's car so we didn't have to keep installing it every time we switched cars. I remember how overwhelmed I felt when trying to choose the carseat. But I am happy with my decision and will use it again with my next chile. Good luck!

1 / 3