Chemical Free Makeup

I am looking for chemical free makeup! Please let me know of your suggestions.

Oh my. I got a lot of responses! Thank you all. I have been doing research on all the products mentioned in the posts. I was given 2 websites that were very helpful in the posts. Thankyou

I do not need skin care. I use a 100% natural hand made items. =)

I have tried ARBONNE'S skin care and did not care for it. Their items do have parabens in them. I have not tried their makeup but it seems there are too many things had toxicity in them according to the site http://skindeep.ewg.org/

I use to sell Avon and it is one of the worst offenders. In fact I have Avon makeup now and am ready to trash it.

ARTISTRY was one that was hard to find. I used it years agao when it was under Amway. I really liked the make up but some of the ingredients are on the list of toxicity too.
Same with BARE ESCENTUALS and MARKY KAY.

EVERYDAY MINERALS, REAL PURITY and JANE IREDALE, BURTS BEE's & LOGONA were pretty low in the toxicity department as far as I could tell. BARE MINERALS was a bit higher.

I could not find anything on NAKED MINERALS. DR.HAUSHKAOR. or ALOETTE on the information web site.

For those of you using Arbonne, this really bothered me. it is the rating for baby lotion. http://skindeep.ewg.org/product.php?prod_id=94403

I also just recieved a response from another place and she gave me a site that she uses and it is all hand made by this lady. No chemicals or anything. Here it is if you want to cehck it out. http://www.suncatnaturalmineralmakeup.com/index.html

I can't think you all enough for taking the time to answer my post. I have learned a lot and gotten some great info. Now I have to try some thigns out. If you sell something that I decide I am interested in, I will let you know and I will go in the order I recieved your post/e-mail so it is fair. I know what it is like to want to get customers for you business! =)

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!

HI there! I go to an esthetician in Bellevue for my makeup. you cant buy it in the stores, but its called Illuminare and it is a liguid makeup with awesome sunblock...and its soooo reasonable ( under $25 for a 4-6 month supply ) you can get it in heavy coverage or light coverage and they even have a blush that matches with the makeup shade you choose. I love it and tried a million things before finding this. Good luck to you!

The best makeup I have ever used is Bare Escentuals Makeup. It is mineral based make up and is free of chemicals. You can get it online or downtown at Face to Face Salon. It is expensive, but it lasts a long time, and a little bit goes a long way. I usually have the foundation for 6 months or more. Foundation is about 25.00, but again it lasts a long time.

I would try bareMinerals. I got my from Radiance Day Spa in Keizer and I believe they're still selling it there. They can also tell you all about it.

Thanks,

i don't wear make-up so i can't make personal recommendations, but you should check out ewg.org and nottoopretty.com. ewg.org is the best for rating safety and ingredients of all sorts of stuff!

Try this website - it's a great resource.

www.cosmeticdatabase.com

Arbonne is good so is Bare Minereals. Arbonne doesn't have a lot of things in it that are allowed in the US. It is Swedish (i think) and they have laws about what cannot be used on the skin. You can look it up on the www. Bare Minereals (forgive the spelling I haven't had coffee yet) is also good I use that, although trying to get into the store is a chore, they are always packed.

I use Logona products. They are from Germany. I like them, I bought them at a health food store. I never knew how many chemicals were in makeup until last December when I was doing some reading. Good luck! I hope you find a line of products you like!

first off, I'm proud of you for making the effort to wear chemical free make up !!
I had to ask tho - do you clean your house with chemical free cleaners ? because if you do not, you are damaging your health just the same. I am asuming that you do tho.

I use Melaleuca's make up & skin care. the make up line is Nicole Miller. It is very good.

I also used to used Arisrty & it was nice how they were concerntrated but when I did some checking into it - the list of chemicals was too long.

A good website for you to check out is www.SafeCosmetics.org ,
this is where I found alot of my facts & they even have a " take action" section.

You might know, that European cosmetics companies can not use alot of the ingredients that are found in most of our products because they have been banned due to their toxic effects on people.

C.,

I like Bare Minerals,it has a sunscreen of spf 15 and there is no smell. My husband likes it because it looks more natural the previous makeup I have used.

G.

I've recently switched over to Everyday Minerals. I found them by searching the costmetics database (already mentioned by another mom). If you go to their website, they will send you a free sampling of their foundations, concealer, and blush. They actually give you a lot of the product for free. After trying their makeup just once, a friend actually said I was "glowing." I couldn't have asked for a better compliment. The best thing about the makeup is it's 100% natural and all mineral based, so you can feel confident wearing it.
There are so many different companies that make mineral based makeup these days, and I found that everyday minerals was really reasonably priced.
Good luck on your search!

1 / 3