Chemical Burn from Magic Eraser

I had a reaction to a chemical a few days ago and got a horrible burn. I've been using magic erasers for years to remove hair color from my hairline. I accidentally bought the new kind that has bleach on it and my neck was on fire. I went to the pharmacy and he gave me this burn ease stuff which took the burning away. I've been using it for a few days. The burning sensation is gone. Now I have a itchy and oozing rash. Is it time to switch to something like a benedryl creme?

I trimmed off my nape hair and within an hour it started healing. I think some of the chemicals were in the hair!

If you can't get to a Dr. right away - I wouldn't put Benadryl on it - I'd put NEOSPORIN on it - it helps skin heal. I've never heard of using a "magic eraser" - are you talking about the "Mr. Clean magic eraser"? I think it says right on there not to use on skin. When I color my hair - I use witch hazel and cotton pads to get the hair color off my skin at my hairline and my ears right away while I'm waiting for the color to process. Good luck!

I think it's time to see a doctor. Benedryl is for allergic reactions and what you've got is a burn. Have it evaluated so it can be treated properly to help prevent any infection.

I think it's time to see a doctor, in the future put Vaseline on your skin before you color.

I would go to your Dr or urgent care, you might need a run of anitbiotics so it doesnt get infected, they might also be able to give you some heavy duty cream to help.

I think you should go to the doctor. This doesn't sound good. Oozing is just not a good sign.
I've never heard of using a magic eraser, but my daughter went to cosmetology school and colors hair all the time. They use things to prevent the skin staining in the first place.
Burns aren't really anything to mess with because there are different kinds. Chemical burns are different than a stove burn. I would get checked out.

Find preventative measures for next time.

In the future, I recommend going to Sally's and getting a product they sell there that removes color from skin. :)

you should call the dr.. because bleach probably got into your body... you should call to make sure.. or call the makes of the magic eraser... and see what they say..

Hi S. M,
So sorry for what you are going through. I agree with the below. Please go to a dr.

Just to give you some encouragement, I had chemical burns from a strong acne medication. It does heal and go away in time. Take care of it for now, and when is heals up. use vitamin e capsules at nite, and non chemical sunblock in the day.

Best of Luck.

1 / 3