Cheetah Girl Cake Ideas

My daughter is having her 5th birthday on Saturday. She wants a Cheetah Girls cake but no one has it. Has anyone made one before or have ideas to make one? I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful advice. I practically tried just about all of your ideas, but nothing worked. I told my daughter we weren't able to find one that would work so we have to come up with a different idea. She then decided to do Hannah Montana! That was much easier. I called Publix to order it and the day of the party I picked it up. She loved it (it had lip gloss on it)! It was a hit. She asked me to do Cheetah Girls next year. I guess I better start planning:) Thanks again for all of your help. You all had great ideas.

Sometimes in the craft stores or craft areas of stores they have bakings pans in different shapes/characters. They normally have decorating decorations with them. Good Luck!

Maybe you could find some little plastic Cheetah Girl toys, or even jewelry, and then spruce up a regular cake with them??
Or use the Barbie cake where you bake the "skirt" and then insert a Barbie doll, but instead put in a Cheetah Girls doll?

Go to Target or somewhere like it and find small figurines of Cheetah girls or the accessories. Then bake your cake and frost it with colors that match. You can accessorize the cake with what you bought, then you daughter will have those toys to play with.

Many bakeries and most grocery store bakeries can now put a picture on cakes from anything you have. I took a napkin from my daughter's birthday set and they copied it onto the cake so that it matched. If you have anything with the Cheetah Girls on it they should be able to copy it.

Mine is similar to the other ideas, except buy the figurines and have your cake shop (Wal-mart, Food Lion, etc.) bake the cake and decorate it with a cheetah print and then you add the figurines. I had to do that recently for my 5 year old son who wanted a Star Wars cake.

Hi T.,
I don't really have any ideas unless you have a picture that could be made into an edible image.

Check this site for more ideas www.sugarcraft.com
I use this site for all my cake decorating ideas....maybe you and her could look thru the Novelties section and she could find something else or something simalar.

Jen

HI T.,

I understand that you're a little short on time, so that makes it hard. You can always place something on the cake (non-edible) and remove it after she blows out the candles. A piece of cheetah fabric and then write "Cheetah Girls" on it in purple would look pretty good. You could also laminate a photo of the girls and put it on the cake, outline it with icing and just remove it before you cut the cake. My kids are now 10 and 13, but when they were little, they were pretty easy to please. If you could get Cheetah Girls party favors and party bags, she would probably be just as happy. Purple, black, tan, and white are not exactly great colors for a cake, but they are the Cheetah Girls colors and I'm sure she would like that, too. You could also do cupcakes and put Cheetah Girl rings in them - they should have those at a party store. Relax, I think parents stress more about birthday parties than their kids. She will be happy to celebrate her birthday regardless of the cake. have a great time! L.

I have not made one but I would suggest you make it like a Barbie cake and make the dress out of marble cake mix and decorate it with brown/black and beige spots like a cheetah girl. You can get the barbie mold from Micheals or Hobby Lobby. If you want something really easy you can always order a cake from Harris Tetter, they may have one already you can pick from. I took a few classes in cake decorating and enjoy making cakes for my family.

A. B. - 44 yr old mother of 5 - 2 stepsons sons, 20 and 18 and 3 daughters 16, 14 and 13.

1 / 3