Cheerleading Camp Gift Idea

My daughter is in cheerleading and the squad is having camp in two weeks. I was thinking of giving the squad a gift after they complete camp. Kind of a "welcome to our team gift"? I need some ideas. The girls are ages from 4 to 7 yrs. Prefer to keep my budget between $5.00 for each girl.

How about the rag-tied flip-flops. You cut fabric into 6 in. X 1/2 in. strips and tie them onto the flip-flops across the toes. Wal-Mart has flip-flops and I think they are about $2/pair. Their fabric solids is usually under $2/yd. and it takes less than 1/3 a yard per pair. You can use the team's colors.

Since they are small kids with small shoe sizes, they won't take too long. (I made 24 pairs for a cheer camp one year, but they were older with bigger sizes.) If you cut a bunch of strips and then put on a movie while you work, it doesn't seem to take too long.

Good luck! :o)

P. <><

Some ideas for gifts that i remember getting when i was a cheerleader. Small plastic megaphones with my name on it. We also painted and decorated cow bells and used them at football games for noise makers. Also bows for the hair or matching socks. I also remember receiving a bag (one of those canvas ones you can buy at hobby lobby or some place like that) that had my name on it in the school colors.

I have been a cheerleading mom for the past 15 years, so here are a couple of ideas. If you can find some small plastic megaphones in their teams colors, you can use paint pens and put each girls names on them along with their teams initials or logo. Small plastic storage bins that would fit on a shelf or on top of a dresser and tie ribbons in team colors on them, possible paint their names/team name on and fill with some candy and gum. Hair ribbons in team colors and on end of ribbons you can paint team initials/girls initials or even glue marble like buttons in team colors on the ends. Plastic drinking cups and take paint pen and decorate up with cheer slogans and fill with a healthy snack, candy , or gum. If you are really creative take a small stuffed bear, felt and yarn in team colors,and make a little bear cheerleader. Yarn would be cut into small strips and glued on at hands for pom poms and felt would be used for a uniform.

what about a really cute bow in the team colors? or something in the accessories area i would think would be really cute, that way they could wear them with their outfits.

I have found that ribons and bows are always needed for cheerleaders. You can get some ribon that matches there colors and then write the childs name on one side and the letters of the team on the other (like MHS). Make one for each child and it is special and they can wear it when they cheer. Also you can make currly bows for each girl. For more info send me a message and I will help you. I can also help you put them all together if you need it.

Hair ties or other hair pieces that match their uniforms is always a great idea. Another thing you might want to do is buy them all matching socks-- if it appropriate for their uniform.

A gift I gave my daughter and her squad was a hand held mirror (you can get at the dollar store cheap) and I put their names on the back (or the mirror side if you want)in the team's color and their logo (paw print). They used these mirrors through their whole time on the squad and loved them! What little girl doesn't like looking in the mirror! ha Good luck!

I was a cheerleader and one thing I did for a gift, was I made everyone a picture frame in our colors and mascot. They are perfect for cheerleader photos.

Micheals has wooden ready to paint frames for $1. You can get those and paint them, and then hot glue a bow and a cheerleading type charm (also can find at craft stores, like in the homecoming aisle, lots of ideas there.)

Another idea is a water bottle (the kind that stays cool), essential at camps and outdoor games/practices. Get them in the teams colors, and then get a paint pen and write their name and team name on it, and draw little megaphones and pomm pomms and such on them. Then tie a cute bow with cheer charms on the handle.

Or, a little corsage for them to wear on their uniforms at games or for pictures would be cute as well. (Think like a mini mum.)

I have a craft business, and if you don't want to make them yourself, I could do something for you.
www.LittleLovables.etsy.com

Water jugs can be purchased from Dollar General store. Take a paint pen and write the girls' names on them. This way they can use them at games.

Maybe bows to match their uniforms? Kid to Kid carries great bows for about $5 each.

1 / 3