Cheap Places Needed for a Baby Shower

Hi, I am looking for a place where I can have a baby shower for $50 or less for 20 people. If you know of any great places, please email them to me. I am helping out a dear friend of mine who has been on bed rest for 6 months! Thanks so much in advance!

I would suggest Mimi's Cafe. They have a great indoor patio that would be perfect. Mimi's has delicious "huge" muffins that you could order along with coffee/tea.

The YMCA rents out their party room for around $35 per hour. The number is 393-YMCA. :) Good Luck!

I know Ari's Greek Restaurant on the corner of 135th & Mur-len usually have plenty of room & no group charge.

I am not sure where you are located, but my husband and I own a small theater in Bonner Springs where you could have it. It is small, nice and intimate. We could definately rent the time out to you for less than $50. If this is in your area, and you are interested, please let me know. Either way, good luck with your baby shower!!!

I've been to shower's where people met at a restaurant and bought their own lunch. Old Chicago on 119th has a nice room and I don't think they charge anything as long as people order.

Do you or one of the guests belong to a church that has a room you could use? Sometimes all they ask is for a small donation.

If you can't host it at your home, maybe one of the other guests might volunteer theirs.

Ideas for food that keep cost down is to have a DESSERT only party. Yummy! I did this for a shower I planned/hosted and it went over so great. Everyone loved it!

A lot of Rec centers, like the Blue Valley Rec Center or whatever city you live in, have rooms you can rent that are usually very reasonable.

Hello, just an idea but since the weather is getting nicer, how about at a park somewhere? That is probably the cheapest you can get, in fact, I think you can get a shelter for free or almost free. I hopw this helps.

My church rents out the building for stuff like this. We are in Shawnee. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you more info. Good luck!

1 / 3