*CHEAP* Place to Have Birthday Party for a 4 Year Old

My son is about to turn 4 and we are wanting to have his Birthday somewhere special, and of course fun. I have looked at all these places like Chuckie Cheese, Monkey Joes, and the cost is outragous!!!! I will pay anything for my kid to have a birhtday that he will remember, but come on $400- that is crazy to me. So if anyone out there knows a place or hss any ideas, please let me know. His Birthday is March 11th, so I have a little bit of time before I would need to get out invitations....
Thanks in advance!!!!

I have a friend with 2 boys and they have both had parties at Home Depot in St. Louis and it is free. They will have a project like they do on weekend kids workshops and you can bring in food.

We just did my daughter's 3rd birthday at It's Party Time on Watson near Laclede. For $95 we had 10 kids to play on the indoor playground and the HUGE blow up dragon/slide and bounce house. It also included a separate/private party room, balloons, tablecloths, napkins, plates, utensils, cups, chips, and soda/lemonade (plus some extras like a crown, plates and napkins for adults, handprint on the wall, and free snow cones for a year).

We then just ordered pizza from Pizza World and brought cupcakes. The entire party cost us about $130. They were wonderful to work with and the kids LOVED it. Now they all want to have their birthday party there!

I highly recommend it!

I would highly recommend "It's Party Time!" I just had my 6 year old b-day party there and everyone had a blast! We have also been there for a 3, 4 and 5 year old's birthdays as well.
They are similar to Monkey Joe's but way more affordable.
It is owned by a Webster Groves Family. They are located at Edgar Rd. and Watson.
Hope this helps! It gets all their energy out of them too!

Woody's Family Center is reasonable and clean. It is in the Life Christian Center just past 270 on Gravois heading towards Fenton. Their phone # is ###-###-####. It costs $30.00 to reserve a table and you get that back the day of the party. You can purchase different packages including bowling, food, drinks, etc. They don't allow outside food except for cake and ice cream. Or you can go relatively cheap and just reserve tables and have cake and ice cream and the kids can play on the structure, they do have video games that are .50 cents to $1.00 per game which include air hockey, pool, pop a shot, etc.

A.
St. Louis

D.,

I have 3 children, 10 years, 8 years, and 2 years. And, by far, THE BEST parties have been the ones at home. A great idea for a boy can be an obstacle course. Also, little boys are often into a theme such as Thomas the Tank Engine, Spiderman, etc. It is so easy to find things to fit those themes and incorporate games into the fun. Don't out-do yourself or feel like you have to compete with "The Jones'". Kids will remember having fun, not how much money you spent on the party. Enjoy!

I am just like you...I have always had big parties for my boys and loved every minute of them but hate the cost. If you like swimming and feel comfortable with it, Vetta sports complex on Tesson Ferry does parties there at the indoor pool. They provide you with 2 lifeguards I believe and pool toys. They have a room upstairs overlooking the pool where you do cake and presents. You bring all the food. If I remember, to rent the pool with lifeguards was only around $60. Now that was a few years ago, as my boys are 12 now. We actually did that party twice! You can also do a party at the Christian Life Center on Gravois. Free except food I believe and they have soft play, games and a bowling alley. You will want to call to reserve seating. They do pizza and you bring cake.

Have you ever been to Woody's? It's located in the Life Christian church just west of 270 off of Hwy 30/Gravois. I'm attaching a link.(http://www.lifechristian.net/default.asp?id=136) Click on Woody's and I believe they have info on there about booking an event.

I've had about 3 bday parties there and the kids absolutely love it. You have to put down a deposit, but when you show up, that gets put towards your food purchase. They have an indoor play area/jungle gym thing - it's small, so not as crazy as Chuck-E-cheese. It's a hidden gem. I just took my 2 girls there yesterday so they could burn off some energy due to this yucky weather. Kids love it. The food is decent (pizza, etc) and resonable. Good luck.

I would check out your areas McDonalds. Anyone with a play area. Kids love it and it is really inexpensive. Better yet, everything is done for you. I had my oldest sons birthday party there when he was 4 and he had a great time!

1 / 3