Chapped Cheeks on 9 Month Old? Help.

My nine month old daughter has always had rosy cheeks, but I feel it has gotten worse over the past months. Each cheek has a round dry circle of a rash on it. I think it is from drooling, constantly putting her hands (and everything else!) in her mouth, and she also suffers from eczema like me. I have tried, Eucerin, Burt's bees, aquafor, and straight vaseline or petroleum jelly. Any suggestions appreciated

Yes, it sounds like excema. My son had the same thing. What we found was it was something he was eating since it didn't start until after I stopped breast feeding. You can try things topically and it may help for a while, but what I found was that the root of the problem was something nutritionally.

If you would like more information about this, I would be happy to share more with you. I have a background in nutrition and my little guy (who is now 3 has been excema free after almost 2 years of patchy knee pits and cheeks) suffered from excema.

Best of luck!
p.s. we are on the south side too

We used Grins and Griggles during the day and vaseline at night putting some on at bedtime, and some later in the night when I went to bed. Extra doses did the trick.

I am not sure exactly where the redness is but my son has a drool rash from sleeping with the paci. To get rid of it I put aquafor on the pacifier before bed and that absorbs through the night and works great.

The BEST thing on the market for this is by Gerber called Grins & Giggles moisturizing stick, it is a stick that you just rub on her cheeks before you go outside or anytime they look dry....it is a wonderful product. I HIGHLY recommend it.
We buy it at Osco or Babies R Us.
http://www.gerber.com/prodcat?catid=467

I have no medical proof to back this up, and it's just my thoughts, but have you tried piercing a vitamin E capsule and apply the gel to her cheeks? It is very healing and I've used it on myself for various reasons. Another thought is vitamin A and D ointment. I would run all these by your ped just to be sure!

good luck

1 / 3