Cat Vomit Stain Removal

Hi. I have two cats who tend to eat too fast and vomit on my light gray carpet. I've tried all sorts of different commercial stain removers, but nothing works well, especially on older stains. (Sometimes it's days/weeks till I find the vomit "hiding spot.") They do much better when I give them a little food at a time so they have breathing room in between, but I still need help with these stains. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Additional info: The cats eat organic canned cat food as recommended by their holistic vet. (They eat better AND get better healthcare than I do!!!) It's definitely not a nutritional issue but a "can't get enough fast enough" issue. ;O)

I have used Zout, even though it is for laundry. Also Resolve. If I find it days later, it also helps to vacuum it up first, then treat. Good luck!

HOT SHOT. it comes in a dark blue can with orange top, i have gotten my Bullmastiff's diareahh (sp??) out, I can't even tell you how many times! It works amazing!

I also have two cats that love to leave stains on the carpet rather than the tile! My vet suggested changing the type of protein in their food so I have switched to IAMS rice and lamb, (the lamb being much easier to digest than chicken or veal) and have noticed a significant difference! Just an option....as far as cleaners, the oxy clean in the spray bottle with the brush attachment works nicely!

My neighbor is really big into organic everything and for her cats and dogs she uses this spray that has natural stain fighters that attack on contact. If you are interested in this option let me know and I will ask her where she gets it,the cost,the name!

My cat vomited all the time for about 9 years before I finally had to put her down. No matter what I did or tried, she threw up almost everyday. My vet put her on steroids because she said that the cat had a condition where the cat's intestines narrow. The steroids helped, but they got to be annoying trying to shove them down my cat's throat. Wet food, dry food, cheap food, expensive food...didn't matter. After nine years of vomiting it started to affect her health and I finally put her down. She was about 14 or 15 years old anyway so she lived a good life.

The stains were a nightmare. I could always tell when she was going to throw up because she would do this crying thing and growl before she started heaving. I would run and yell and that would scare her into the basement. It got to where she would just go in the basement if she started to feel sick. That contained it to an area I could clean better.

Then toward the end she didn't cry anymore and she would just throw up wherever...so I had to keep her in the basement...not a great life living in a dungeon.

I tried all kinds of cleaners and finally just used the cheapest cleaner with oxy-=clean together. After about six or seven treatments I typically got all of the stain out, but it was work.

Poor cat, poor me.

I've used nature's miracle for years. Petsmart sells it.

Resolve Carpet Cleaner in the spray bottle works well.

go to the Dollar Store and buy a product called "awesome". It's in concentrate form, but I pretty much use it as it is and 99.9% of the time, it removes all stains (including set in blood). Best of all, it's only $1.00 and will last you a long time. Each time I go, I end up buying 5-6 bottles and it will last me for several months, unless one of my sisters happen to stop by and grab one.

1 / 3