Cat Urine Smell!

Hi Ladies,
I have a desperate question! Well first let me tell you the story..there are 4 cats hanging around my house/ and underneath it and they are mating/in heat/spraying..and my house smells like a GYM!!! What can I do (my husband has already bought cat traps for Animal Control) to get the smell out from underneath our house? (already tried the onion thing)..Any insight???? Misery!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance!

Thank you to all! We have put moth balls out around our house and sprayed white vinegar underneath the house. I also sprinkled Cayenne Pepper around (heard this helps)..Thank you again! I will let everyone know how effective this all was! Have a great Day!

Call a Feral Cat trap and release program and see if they will trap the cats, spay and neuter them, and either put them back where they are or adopt them out. Local animal rescue groups will know the number if you cannot find it in the phone book.

Go to a vet, supply store,they have all kinds of stuff for odor and they also have sprays to keep animals out of areas. I know some work as I have several animals of my own.

Zero Odor is awesome! The # is 1-800-526-2967 or zeroodorstore.com I am shocked at how well it works. It's $40.00 for a standard order and then there's a bigger (I think gallon) size. It works on any "bodily fluid" smell and leaves a kind of bleachy scent. It has never damaged anything in or out of my house.

Also, cayenne pepper on the ground might run them off...they lick their paws...heh.

If you are looking for a nontoxic biodegradable approach you should check out Basic G from Shaklee. It is highly effective at killing the bacteria and smells. They also have a patented Air Source unit for the home that covers 3500 square feet. If the smell has penetrated the air ducts, carpets etc you may benefit from having that in your home. You can find information at www.shaklee.net/dthomas. We use it in our home as well as our clinic.

I have heard if you throw some moth balls under your house it will keep the critters away....cats, dogs, bugs, spiders, etc. As a matter of fact I am going to do the same thing this weekend as I have stray cats tearing up the insulation under my house.

Vinegar will naturally absorb odors.......in the old days the women would put a bowl or pan in a hiding place when they cooked fish, liver etc... with bad smells. And its also cheap. I would put a dish pan or similiar pan with plain white vinegar in several places and leave. Nothing will smell like vinegar but it will soak up the odors......
Have a great day!

A.

Moth balls. Cats hate them and they give off a strong smell to help with the muskiness.

hey, there is a spray and a powder that you can put around your house to get rid of the smell and from them getting under your house or spraying it. i cant remember the name but you can buy it from petsmart... so.. good luck!

try using lemon or vinilla essence with your wash water or you can put it neat down where the smell is bad hope it works

bev from south africa

L S - email me at ____@____.com. I have something here that kills the smell immediately. I would like to send you some via postal mail.
We had a cat once that loved to run in the house when I was trying to leave for work. One morning he ran up under my bed, I was mad, so i shut his tail up in the room all day. Needless to say, he had made a mess of some kind - I have NO idea what exactly it was and don't want to know!! - under my bed and the smell was pretty bad. I thankfully had some of this cleaner I am going to send you and it got the mess out of the carpet and the smell out immediately.
it is also excellent for getting sour smells out of clothing or vehicle carpets/seats, it's nontoxic and biodegradeable.

1 / 3