Carrying Low and Having a LOT of Pressure

Hi Moms-

I am 6 1/2 months pregnant with baby #2 and everytime the baby moves and kicks I feel pressure and the sensation that he is going to come out! I do feel like I am carrying a lot lower than I did with my first. This baby is VERY active and the sensation is very uncomfortable and even keeps me up half the night. Anyone else experience this and have any helpful hints or suggestions?? (I will ask my doctor at my next appointment as well)

TIA

K. I did the same thing with my second daughter, so I don't think it's necessarily a baby boy thing. It's the most miserable feeling, isn't it? I know it's hard since you have a three year old, but try to sit with your legs elevated on a stool when you can. That seemed to help me. My water broke and I didn't realize it because of exactly what you're talking about so be careful about that too. Good luck and try to take gentle care of yourself these last few months. Staying off of your feet as much as possible will help. {{{hugs}}}

Ohhhh, I hated that feeling! Pretty soon, you won't be able to make it through a grocery store visit w/out using the restroom at least 2 times! LOL
I'm guessing you are having a boy....with both of my boy pregnancies I carried much lower and had more pressure then with my girl baby.
The pressure is normal and it will only get worse. Every time I went in for my OB visits during my 3rd trimester, I thought for sure the doctor would say he had dropped or I was dialating but NOTHING!
It's just normal pressure from the baby growing and your body's way of making you miserable during your lovely pregnancy! : )
Hang in there and take care! : )

I would suggest getting one of those belly belt/band things for pregnancy! It really helps so much when you are carrying low!! And, try sitting on a bit exercise ball..it should help with some of that pressure. Other than that..just hope and pray that you can get through the next few months:) The joys of pregnancy!!!~A.~

i feel that with my second pregnancy the dr.told me thats normal you feel that because of the uterus stretching everytime the baby moves .

I had that with my 1st boy and I couldn't walk a lot at one time I had to take breaks and sit and if I could sit with my legs together and straight out it helped a little. really nothing is going to help. I also took a lot of warm baths. However, my second boy I carried much much higher. I thought it was going to be a girl.

Be cautious if you start to have a fishy smell with this feeling; it could be an infection that is due to the fluctuation of hormones....happened to me in my third trimester two times (second pregnancy)......if untreated it can be cause preterm labor---might want to check it out.

1 / 3