Care Package for a Boy in College

I am trying to think of things to send my stepson. It's his 1st year in school. 1st time away from home. What can I send him that will be an encouragement. I thought about having his little brother and sister draw pictures for him and sending a few hard copy pictures that he can hang on his bulletin board of the family. Maybe some homemade cookies or brownies. I'll throw in some gum and starburst. What else can I put in there that will be easy to ship? DId anyone ever send you a care package? What do you remember getting and just loving?

I loved getting a roll of quarters for laundry!!
Gum, homemade goodies were the best, magazines, microwave popcorn, sonic gift card, maybe a beanie cap for winter coming up?!?, SOCKS!!, chapstick...

The quarters are key though! Ha!

Homemade cookies/brownies
Ramen, Easy Mac, peanut butter
Favorite snacks - granola bars, popcorn, Slim Jims, candy, gum
Breath mints
Gift card to pizza place or coffee shop
Hot cocoa mix
Favorite breakfast cereal
Pack of playing cards

Love the quarters for the laundry idea too!

The quarters are key though! Ha!

Homemade cookies/brownies
Ramen, Easy Mac, peanut butter
Breath mints
Gift card to pizza place or coffee shop
Hot cocoa mix
Favorite breakfast cereal
Pack of playing cards

Aww I love that you'll send drawing from his younger siblings, that's perfect!

I sent my baby brother a care package his 2nd year, with socks and underwear (because he wasn't doing much laundry!), quarters for laundry anyway, even though I knew he'd spend it on something else, the numbers for every cab service within a 10 mile radius, some biscotti (his favorite), some gift cards for starbucks and panera, and a small collage I had made of him, me, and our other brother from when we were very young :)

I love the commercial where the daughter opens her care package and digs out the peanut butter and is eating it with a spoon when she calls her mom...

Some of his favorite snacks, gift card or two for Starbucks, iTunes or places he's likes to eat, quarters for doing laundry, a new t-shirt, a magazine or two on a subject he likes, some socks...and I think the pictures from his siblings will be nice. Keep the care packages simple and not too expensive so you can send them a few times a school year : )

Food. Mac n cheese in a bowl. Ramen. Chef B.
Soap, Deoderant
Magazines
Games

Single serve snack bars, chips, etc.

Halloween is coming, You could send him a package with tons of candy, spooky gooey stuff.

I would think snack foods that are individually packed. Maybe powedered drink mix to put in water bottles. Maybe even money, you know kiddos are always low on money. I think sending pictures will be nice, but I would not think he would put them up on the wall. He may keep them though. If he is into music maybe a new CD of his favorite artist, or some money on a Itunes card.

Food and money!

My mom and dad sent us care packages monthly when we were in college, as did my grandmothers. They typically included:
- baked goods with enough to share with new friends
- a card
- new pictures of my sisters
- some little hair accessory or school supplies
- candy
- newspaper clippings from my hometown (sounds corny, but it made me feel like I was still connected)
- cash (my dad always threw in a $20 with a note to buy pizza for me and my roomie that weekend)

gift cards, homemade cookies/snacks, pics and maybe just some notes...

1 / 3