Car Seat to Grow with 2 Year Old

My 7 month old is now too heavy for his infant car seat and I am trying to decide what to do. I am thinking of putting him in my 2 year old's convertible seat and am hoping to get my 2 year old a new seat. I am wondering if there is a seat that changes to some sort of booster or backless booster after he reaches the height/weight max for it in the forward facing position (which I think is generally around age 4?) I would like it to have a 5 point harness though instead of just using the seat belt which I have read is safer. Any recommendations? Is there such a seat that will grow with him until he is done with seats and boosters?

Britax frontier and buy it online at albeebaby.com. $209 and free shipping/no tax! It has built in cup holders. Most importantly it also has side impact protection and 5 point harness. I haven't used mine yet but my sister has this one and says her kids fall asleep easily in it since it's so comfortable. It will also transition to booster.

My 3 year old has a Graco Nautilus. It has the 5-point harness, converts to a booster and then a backless booster. It also has a cup holder and in the arm rests there are little cubbies where she keeps small toys to play with in the car. We've had her in the seat since she was around 2 years old and will be able to use it for as long as she needs a car seat I'd imagine.

We love our britax frontier 85 but I'm not sure of the minimum age or height/weights. It harnesses to 85 lbs then a booster to 120. Our three year old was moved into the britax marathon at age 9 months, which harnesses to 65 lbs. High safety ratings, and proven to me after a fatality accident!

We love our Britax Frontier which has a high safety rating and great comfort reviews. It is a large seat so depending on your car, you would need to check whether it would fit. It is not a seat you would want to take in and out of the car, but once you read tips on how to install it, it is a snap! Obviously price wise it is at the higher end, but it's a life investment and your second child would still be able to use it - if the older one will give it up! Five-point harness use for older children then you use it with the car seat belt. Definitely check it out. Good luck.

Britax Frontier85! 5 point harness till 85 # and then a booster!

This seat is great. It's comfortable. Has arm rests. Cup holders. AND THE BEST THING IS: NO THREAD HARNESS! So you just slide the back up instead of having to remove the straps!

Our almost 6 year old and 3 1/2 year old have this and LOVE it!

If your 2 year old is forward facing, go with the Graco Nautilus! You won't be disappointed. Oh, and Amazon has the cheapest prices I've found.

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Car-Seat-Matrix/dp/B...

We have a Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. Love it! Plus it has a built-in cupholder and little cubbies to hide car toys and sunglasses in. My daughter thinks it is the coolest (she's almost 4). Also it's super easy to convert and the 5 point harness is approved up to 80 lbs, which is great!

The graco nautilus 3 in 1. Has a 5 point harness until 65 pounds and will go up to 100 pounds. We just got one for our almost 3 yr old and she loves it because it's easier for her to get into and out of and she has her own cupholder. We like it because it will be the last car seat we have to buy her!

1 / 3