Car Seat to Fit in a Mitsubishi Eclipse

My 6 mos old is only one inch from out growing her infant seat (Graco Snugride) and I need to find a combination (preferred) or convertible seat that will fit in my 2002 Mitsubmishi Eclipse. I think it might be easier to by a new vehicle, but unfortunately that's not an option at this time. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks!

I drive a 98 chevy prizm (yes, a 4 door, but still really small) and use a Graco ComfortSport carseat. We really like it, it's small but comfortable and very inexpensive (around $80).

I had an Eclipse, but fortunately was able to get a new car before the convertible car seat was needed. I am really not sure what one will work best, but since I am so familiar with the car I thought I'd respond. I would just be really careful with whatever one you choose, as the backseat in the Eclipse is SO shallow her feet may be pushing against the back of the seat, or you may not have room to have anyone in the front seat if the carseat is behind the passenger! Sorry I couldn't help more, but just wanted to try and help.

I had to laugh when I read this. I had a 95 (?) Eclipse when my daughter was little. I left my job and became a nanny so I could have her with me. At my nanny job I had charge of 2 girls, ages 2 and an infant, and mine was 2 also. And do you know I put 3 car seats in that sexy little sports car of mine?!?! One was up front but this was before air bags. I had the kind where you just had the straps that came over the kids' shoulders and hooked between their legs. And no cup holders on the sides or anything. No room for those Taj Mahal kind of car seats!! It was funny looking but we made it. On the weekends I could at least take the car seat out of the front. It was about 2 years before I finally gave up and bought a car where I could fit all 3 in the back. I loved that car!

We had the same problem with our VW jetta. The Britax Roundabout fit in the same space as our Snugride

Well, it's not going to be super fun, but you can make it work :)

I wouldn't go with a Radian; as much as I love them there is NO WAY it would fit rear-facing in your car - the shell is just too tall (making it great for rear-facing to the limits of the seat, which is recommended by the AAP, but bad for your tiny car!). The seat is narrow, but TALL.

I'm not really familiar with the Eclipse myself, so I don't have a ton of advice for you. I would recommend posting over at www.car-seat.org - there are lots of extremely knowledgeable car seat technicians there are I know a couple of them have/had Eclipses. Someone over there is sure to have some good advice.

My Dh has a Subaru Imprenzia STi asnd he has limited space in his back seat. We bought the Roundabout by Britax. Right now they are on clearence at some places due to end of year model clearence. I saw an add that said $160 and no shipping. They are also rated the safest car seat, they are the highest speed rate tested and approved. They have no twist straps and they are convertable. Amazon should have some good prices :)

I had this same issue when I was pregnant with my first. Mine was an 03. LOVE that car. Anyway, my friend had the same car and a baby the year before me, she managed to shove a car seat back there (not sure which one) but that didn't last more than a few weeks because she couldn't manuver well to get the baby in and out, and then she did some research and learned how unsafe it was. Her mom had a Pontiac Vibe so they traded. Even though a car seat might fit, it's the best idea to try and find something a little safer and more convienient. We looked for awhile and managed to find a Jeep Grand Cherokee 1 year newer than my Eclipse and the payment was $100 less. If you look around a bit and are picky and knowledgeable about the cars you're looking at you should get a good deal :)
Good luck!!

I would look into a Radian 65 or a Radian 80. They are excellent, safe seats & are very small. I know several people who have 3 of them rear-facing in the back of some very, very small cars!

I'm not sure, but I THINK that I saw some onsale on www.CottonBabies.com

1 / 3