Car Seat That Latches to Grocery Carts?

Can anyone recommend a good infant car seat that will securely latch on to a grocery shopping cart? My current one does NOT and it makes shopping a pain.

My car seat also did not latch to a grocery cart which did make shopping a pain! Having said that, I read many reviews that said it was not safe for any seats to be hooked onto carts as they have tipped over or come off completely. So... I guess it's up to you if it's worth it or not. I did envy those that had the extra room but felt better knowing my child was safe.

I have one from baby trends. it attatches to every cart!! there are slits that hold the seat secerly to cart, it also has a stroller where the tray folds down to holes for the car seat to fit in. I am using this with baby number 3 and love it!!

Can't help you with the car seat, but I can recommend a sling. I love mine, I tried our car seat my first time out alone with our 10 week old. Before I left the store I had him out of the car seat and in the sling. I love it! I use it all the time even at home. The brand I have is jelly bean. I bought it at Burlington Coat Factory (on line). It can hold up to 35 lbs, and I can carry him 5 different ways as he gets older. I wish I had, had one of these when my oldest was a baby. Plus my son loves being carried in it.

i have baby trend and have no problems with it. daughter is almost a year and still using it.

We used the Graco Snugride seats and they worked well. Good luck!

I had 2 carseats that were great but however i'am on the short side so I couldn't see over them to well that was a pain,I did buy a baby sling from a breast feeding store and enjoyed it so did babies but it hurts my back.Now that they are older and were able to sit up I just used the seat and did my shopping I know that others think it is gross and germ infested and that is true know arguments ther but since i'm a sahm and do all the shopping I had no choice and stollers you can get only so much into them.Good Luck in finding one that you like

We have Baby Trend infant seats for our twins, and I haven't had any trouble latching them to normal sized shopping carts. I don't like how they latch to the small shopping carts (like the kind they have at Michael's), but at least for places you do your everyday shopping they work just fine. I also love the triangular shaped handles...makes carrying much easier.

I have to recommend a sling or other soft carrier as well. It's much lighter and in my experience keeps your little one much happier during the shopping. I personally use a ring sling or a mei tai for shopping, but I have some friends that use wraps or the soft structured carries like the baby bjorn. It comes down to personal preference. I lugged the car seat around for a few months, but when I discovered the ring sling I was happy to leave the car seat in the car.

The Graco Snugride latches on pretty well. There is a catch toward the back part of the seat, but when you latch it into the cart, it reclines pretty far. Worked out fine for us until our son got older and wanted to sit upright more so he could see.

I agree with those who say it's the carts, not the infant carrier. Depending on where I was shopping, the carrier fit sometimes and didn't others. I also agree with those who say it's not as safe to have it on there anyway; when the carrier didn't fit on the front seat of the cart, I put the carrier in the basket and just put groceries around it. Obviously, you can't get a ton of stuff that way, though. Good luck!

1 / 3