Car Seat Cover or Travel Bag?

My daughter sits in a high-back booster seat with removable arms. The back can also come off for it just to be a seat-type booster. We will be flying with her for the first time next week and have to check her booster seat (it's not FAA approved, so American won't let her sit in it for the flight or treat it as a carry-on). I thought I had seen somewhere a travel cover or bag that we could put it in....but now I can't find anything. I've looked at Target and Wal-Mart, and online at Babies-R-Us. Any ideas where I could find something suitable? I need it to stay in one piece and clean! Thank you!

Thank you for all the responses! I actually found the red one that says Gate Check last night online with Target.

Try One Step Ahead and/or Right Start. I am pretty sure we must have bought ours from one of those two places, maybe even both of those places as we have two. Good luck!
A.

Did you find some? I JUST put some on Craigslist over the weekend and came across your post this morning. Let me know if you still need one. We have three that are in "like new" condition because we only flew with our 3 boys one time.

I bought one at babies r us about 2 years ago. It rolled; however, it got so beat up just after one trip that I had to throw it away. I wonder if you could try samsonite.com or something along those lines,

I have an Eddie Bauer one I bought when I travelled with my son 3 years ago - it's only been used once & is in excellent condition. I was actually going to put it in a consignment sale this fall for $10. Let me know if you're interested. We live in M., TX (north of McKinney).

I also agree with the lady who suggested renting a carseat through the rental car company...we did that when we had to travel to Ohio for an unexpected death in our family and it made it so easy - though I will say the carseat was dated so that made me nervous, but so much easier overall!

Babies R Us has them in the store. I think they are about $20. We pack extra stuff because there's lots of room after the car seat is in it. Since the airlines charge for checked bags now, we can save some money because they charge for car seats and strollers.

never never never check a car seat of any kind. carry it to the gate with you and gate check it. yes, it's a pain, but there could be damage to your seat that isn't visible to the naked eye due to the rough handling, plus if your baggage doesn't make it, you're stuck at the airport... are you just bringing the seat without the back? i would be VERY leery of allowing a 4yr old to sit in any booster, but especially a backless one... good luck and have a GREAT trip!

Actually go to babies r us. They have them in the store for like $20

my kids still have a regular car seat, but i have one cover and one strap to carry the seat on my back, both of which i got from www.onestepahead.com
i don't see why a booster would not fit in it. i am even able to put a bag into the seat before i zip it up to get my money's worth of having to check it! i think they were around $25 each. Isn't it funnny that your booster seat is safe enough for your car and not the airplane?! That is so odd!

1 / 3