Cant Seem to Wake Up

ok i have a 3yrd and 1 yrd. they r my life. my problem is with me sad to say. no matter what i do i cant ever seem to wake up. it takes me hrs to fall asleep and once i do i cant wake up. ive taken sleeping meds and sleeped for 10hr and still cant wake up? becayce of this i fell that i am a failur to my kids. i can get up long enough to feed them and change dipers but then i need to sleep. my 1 yrd is almost 2 and my 3yrd is almost 4. they r really good they love to watch play house in the mornings.never really need me to play with them even when i try. so i know to them mommy sleep isnt that big of a deal. but to me it is i hate not beening there with them. i fell so bad once i do wake up. i have done everything i can think of short of taking a sleeping test. plz help me i need to be a better mom for them and me

i should of said that i have pdss post termatic stress sydrom.. from my childhood. and i take meds every day. also i can't exercise like most poeple my age since i have arthisit though out my body. sorry about the spelling something im not to good at :(
and my hubby is home and helps out alot he lets me take naps whenever i can something my doctor said to do.

my kids hubby, and pets r all fine and he drives the car much more then i do

well im going to a speical doctor to see what is wrong. i know i dont over sleep and when i do sleep i get what the everyday person would need. yet it is still not enough for me. thanks for all the help.

You should try taking vitamin B complex. I used to sleep alot also, and once I tried this vitamin I am not tired at all and never consider oversleeping. It also helps me feel energized. Let me know if it helps. It definitely helped me.

HI K.,THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO YOYR FAMILY DR ASPA. YOU NEED TO GET SOME BLOOD WORK DONE.ALL SO YOU SAID YOU HAVE RA DO YOU TAKE MEDS FOR YOUR RA. BECAUSE SOME RA MEDS MAKE YOU SLEEP MORE.AND WHAT MEDS YOU TAKE TO MAKE YOU SLEEP?

K.,

My advice would be to see a sleep specialist. My husband did this because he had a similar issue. You spend the night at the clinic and they videotape you sleeping and hook you up to all sorts of monitors. Then the doctor sits down with you and you work out a plan. Hopefully your insurance will cover it.

Best of luck,

Kristina,
Well, I can see just by the fact that you're married to a marine (is he home, or away for long absences?) and that you have two very young kids, that you certainly have reason to be tired. During the first year of each of my kids' lives, I was completely exhausted - and I have an incredibly supportive husband who did half the work. So if you're raising the kids pretty much by yourself, like many military wives, then it's absolutely understandable that you're tired. Time will help, but of course, that's not what you need to hear right now. I'd say the second biggest help would be some down-time. Just for you. Excluding the kids. Yes, that's very hard to do, and requires asking for help from friends and family. But it's absolutely essential to being a good mom. You HAVE to have time to recharge your batteries, and you should NOT feel guilty about it. You can have mini-moments, like very long soaks in the tub with candles and a good book. Or walks by yourself, time at the gym, a massage or hair appt that lasts for a couple of hours. At best, maybe you could have an overnight. I did it one time when my kids were the ages of yours, and it was horrible and wonderful. Horrible, b/c I missed my family, but wonderful b/c...well, b/c I had a CHANCE to miss them. We need distance sometimes, and that really does give us energy. Even if you just need to take a night by yourself - go to a nearby hotel - and sleep until you can't sleep anymore. And one more thing. Exercise can NOT be over-stressed. It is so important. It helps you sleep better, helps you have energy during the day, and helps you with endurance, stress, and mood swings. Try to exercise at least 15 minutes a day - just jog in place, or around the house, up & down stairs, etc. Just enough to get that heart rate up. Maybe get some light weights and do some reps on your arms, some squats for your legs several times a week. You'll be amazed at how everything improves - including your self-esteem. Good luck, and remember that taking care of yourself is also the best way to take care of your kids.

Sincerely,
M. B

Could you be depressed?

Three things to check into:

delayed sleep phase syndrome- http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.com/dsps/

add-
http://www.add.org/articles/TheLatestintheTreatmentofWome...

Add in women is very underdiagnosed...not saying you have it but it isn't all about hyperactivity...you can be at the other end of that spectrum which girls tend to be. (I was diagnosed recently)

Depression is the third suggestion I have.

Everyone has different coping mechanisms...take a look at your life and see if you can pinpoint what could be the issue if you don't feel it is medical. This could just be your way of dealing with stress.

Setting a schedule does help with your body trying to fall asleep. IF you read the article about the delayed sleep phase syndrome it gives you suggestions.

Hope this helps...feel free to drop me a note if you need an ear!
A.

U have two small children and I know they may tire u out.. I agree with everyone else giving u advice on this. Go see a doctor and hopefully they can give you something to help.. Also to sleeping too much can really make u tired. Good luck to u and god bless

F.

K.,

I had the same problem for years that didn't get properly diagnosed the first time. I was just miserably sleepy all day long, and never felt refreshed,... no matter how much sleep I got. It didn't start until I got into high school. Rather than referring me to a specialist,.... my family doctor told me that I just "need more sleep than other people". I suffered with it for 7 more years until a friend referred me to a pulmonary clinic, where I was diagnosed with a mild form of NARCOLEPSY. I never fall asleep while I'm talking or driving or anything.... like you see in the movies. I just simply have "Excessive Daytime Sleepiness". It's only ONE of the 4 possible symptoms of Narcolepsy, (thank goodness), but it's still considered to be a form of Narcolepsy,... so it's treated with medication. This changed my life! I'm so mad that I waited so long to go to the sleep disorder clinic! I rec'd my sleep study in the Pulmonary Clinic at University of Texas Health Center in Tyler, TX under Dr. James Stocks. Phone: 1-888-396-6802.
I recommend that you do a Google Search of "Narcolepsy symptoms" and see if any of the symptoms come close to describing your symptoms. If so,... you should find a sleep disorder clinic (like the one mentioned above) and schedule yourself an appt. to speak to the doctor. It just might change your life.

1 / 3