Can't Get the Stain Out

There was a fragment of a plum embedded into my white shag carpet. While trying to scrub it out, it made a big pink stain. I have read lots of remedies on the internet to get the plum stain out, but so far no good. If anyone can help me get this stain out, I would appreciate it.

I really do know how to get it out, but when you find out let me know also. I have a red strawberry soda spill on my carpet and it won't come out. I tried Oxy-clean and it did lighten it up some.

did you try peroxide?

Solumel from Melaleuca. It's a natural cleaner that cleans anything.

Try using Fels-Naptha Soap. Just rub it on the stain and rinse with water. It should come out.

Try this stuff called Folex. It is sold at Wal-Mart over with the cleaning supplies, the bottle is white with purple letters I swear by it.

Hi Melisa,
I am a Shaklee distributor and we have an awesome product called Nature Bright. It is made from natural ingredients with no harmful chemicals added. If you have little ones on the floor you won't have to worry about harmful chemicals in their airways from using it. We have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee so if you tried and didn't like you could return it for full refund of the product. It is comparable to Oxyclean. You can check out my website at http://www.shaklee.net/K.-Thomas/product/00305

I don't know that it will work, but I use Simple Green spray cleaner on our carpet. We have a very light tan carpet, and the Simple Green has taken some really nasty stains out of our carpet. Spray it on there and scrub it with a scrub brush.

I have a great formula for getting all types of stains out of your carpet. I have used it on many things: lip gloss, spit-up, red wine. It has worked on everything I've tried it on.

3/4 cup water
3 tbl dish soap
1 tbl vinegar
1/2 tbl ammonia

Just mix together, and put into a foamer bottle. You can get them at Wal-Mart. Spray on spot, scrub in with brush, and blot dry.

Have you tried Oxyclean? It is supposed to work on carpets too. I haven't actually tried it myself though.

1 / 3