Can't Get Rid of Lice

My 5 year old keeps getting lice from her school. It's driving me crazy! We have never encountered lice until she started school and now it's driving me crazy! I keep tea tree oil on her head, as that has helped, but I need something more! Any ideas on how to keep it away? (done all the washing of linen, etc.)

I have also heard that the more product you keep in her hair will help. ie: hair spray, gel, cream, any kind of styling stuff. I always kept this in my daughters hair and have never had a problem.

This may sound weird but color her hair with hair dye. Lice hate it & they wont latch on. Good luck. Ive had to deal with this twice already so I know how it goes.

If you haven't done it yet, talk to your daughter about how she shouldn't share hair brushes, jackets, hats, etc. with her friends at school. That is how it is usually spread between kids. After that, if you have done all the cleaning and treating you can do and you gotten rid of it on your end; talk to the school. The classroom may need a good once-over as well as educational materials sent home to the parents who may not know how to treat their children and their homes appropriately.

We delt with lice for a year and a half! It was awful. I tried it all, rid, nix, prescription, etc. The best thing that works is mayo and vinegar. Put the mayo on the hair then put on a shower cap. Leave it on and hour or longer/overnight. Then rinse in vinegar and water. I also purchase Fairy Tails shampoo/conditioner online. I use coconut shampoo too. Wash everything in hot water, car seats, blankets, pillows, etc. It's been an on-going thing. Keep up with it daily. Also throw out your old brushes and buy new ones. I keep detangler in the girls hair and gel after washing hair. Anything to keep it "sticky" and nothing for the lice to attach. Good luck.

Oh yeah, my mom (who's a beautician) heard on the news Benzyl Alcohol Lotion is suppose to work. I never tried it and never saw it. I do not know what to expect from that product. Please let me know if you try it.

C.,

What I read up on when my girls got lice (blech) is to put your daughter's hair in a ponytail every day for school and spray her hair with hairspray. It seemed to have worked for my girls, because they never got lice again. (Knock on wood! :-)

Hi! I have also had the great exprience of lice. My daughter has gotten it twice. I use the tea tree oil in her shampoo also. I wash her hair with that once a week. Always put her hair up in a pony or bun. I use a a ll nautural product I used to get it at the health food store. Just wash her hair with it and then begin the picking out of the eggs. I usually cry alot for those couple of weeks. Hope this helps. Goodluck!!!

I'm A. and I'm African American and I'm gonna let you know why we don't get lice. We put grease in our hair. To get the lice out of your childs hair go to Walmart, Kmart, the Dollar store, a grocery store, pretty much anywhere and get a jar of Blue Magic from the ethnic hair care section. Put it all over your childs head including the scalp, let it sit for about 5 minutes and wash away all of the bugs and nits. It's gonna take a few washes but once you finish their hair will be bug free and the grease is a conditioner so it's actually good for the hair.

Good Luck,
A.

Talk to her teacher and make sure the school staff knows about it. If she keeps getting them again and again, there may be an outbreak at her school! Good luck

I am not sure what kind of responses you have received, but I can help if you are still having a problem. I just saw your request today. I own a company in the Tampa Bay Area and this is all that I do. I treat people for head lice. There are numerous reasons as to why you are struggling with getting rid of lice. The main reason is you are not getting EVERYTHING out of her hair from the nit to the smallest newly hatched nymph(baby lice), the second is that she is around someone who still has lice, maybe someone you know or do not know. Lice cannot live off the body for more than 24 hours, they need to feed every 4 hours (human blood). My products are safe and effective and pesticide free. I will be more than happy to talk with you, even if it is for informational purposes only, I don't charge for advise. If you have finally gotten rid of the lice, I can give you information on preventative solutions for the future. Please visit my ad on mamasource.com and read my reviews or my web site at www.thenitfairy.com for additional information. I hope to talk with you.

1 / 3