Can't Get Desk Drawers Unlocked

Hi, Moms-
I have an office desk with three drawers that share one lock. Somehow, the drawers have managed to lock themselves, and I cannot unlock them. I do not have a key as the desk is secondhand. Does anyone have any suggestions for unlocking them without a key?

Try a paper clip. Just unfold it to where you have the ends bent and see if you can get it open that way. If it is a smaller opening then unfold it all the way.

If you know the manufacturer, find them on the Internet and send them a message to see if they can send you a key.

I would try different small keys. Mailbox, suitcase etc. One might work.

Maybe you've already checked this possibility and it's not the case, but in my desk at school, a large old wooden desk, there is one draw that seems to be the key to the others. If it is all the way in, it effectively locks the rest of the draws. If it is pulled out, even slightly, the others all open. Give that a try if you haven't.
Best wishes. Otherwise, a locksmith may be able to create a key from an insertable template.

This is a weird suggestion and probably isn't the same for your desk, but I had an old desk that would lock if the lap drawer was completely shut. If you opened it just a bit, the file drawers were released. Worth a try?! :) Good luck!!

I am interested in the replies.
GL

If you know who the manufacturer is, you can usually order keys from them online. I had a file cabinet that I lost the key to and was able to order it. the number is on the front of the lock. HTH.

Do you know who the manufacturer is? Maybe you could contact them and they might be able to help. If not, maybe a locksmith.

Bobbi pins, paper clips....try to break in.

Try some of the keys that come with your house to open the basic locks on bathrooms, etc kindof a hook type key.

Unfortunately it is easy to "break in". I can get in my house with a credit card (laundry door)....imagine that?

My daughter is amazedthat I can get in our house with no key.... No crimnal experience required, LOL just practice from being locked out!!!

1 / 3