Canker Sore

I am hoping for some help. I will occaisionally get a canker sore in my mouth, usually I can associate it with eating too many sweets. However I got one a few days ago, and have not had many lately. This one is right at my lip line but on the inside. I have to say it is the most painful one I can remember, and I have had some bad ones. I think it is because it is constantly being rubbed by my upper lip and is exposed to more air. I need help getting rid of it or at least getting relief from the pain. I appreciate any helpful information you might have. I know it will go away, they always do, I just don't know if there is a way to make it go away quicker, and a way to take away the pain. It actually kept me up last night. Thank you.

First determine why you get them so often. People who take too much vitamine C get cankers. Some who have a form or immune disease or STD's get them (get tested to rule it out). Is it food allergy related?

I do not get them but the person who did refered me to a mouthwash called ECO-DENT. the bottle is Eco-Dent International, Inc 3130 Spring St, Redwood City,CA 1-800-ECO-DENT. I use to get it at health food store but it may not be so readily available. It is great for healing all mouth irritants and I use it often for other quick healing. Hope this helps.

L-Lysine pills and neo-sporin with pain reliever in it from the local walgreens will help.

XXOO, J.

I used to get canker sores quite often. I use Camphor-Phenique for the pain. My husband swears that salt will "kill it" and help it heal faster, but I find that extremely painful!

Hi. I used to get canker/cold sore every month with my period. my Dr told me to start take l-lysine 1000mg/day. Its a vitamin/mineral and you can but it over the counter at Walgreens. Hope this help. I haven't had a cold sore in a year!!

I do not have time to read the responses you have received yet, so I am sorry if someone else already suggested it. Aloe Vera Juice..I know in AZ you can pick up a small bottle for a couple of bucks to swish in your mouth at Sprouts stores. I believe whole foods also sells them, any kind of store that sells natural foods will offer it. You just swish it in your mouth like mouth wash and it will speed up the healing incredibly fast. Also taking L Lysine pills helps get rid of canker/cold sores. I am pregnant so I cannot take L Lysine, but the Aloe Vera juice is safe. It does not taste great, but so worth it. I was skeptical at first when the lady at Sprouts suggested it, but it worked very well.

hi, my son gets these he for about 8 years the best medication is called KANKA it is a tad exspensive but it is well worth it and will last for serval years, you also need to start taking a oral vitamin caled l-lysine get the one that has the l befor the lysine not just the lysine take a pill a day, when you first get the sore take 2 then 1 aday after that, when the sore is gone keep takg them about 3-4 a week should boost your immune system so you will not get any more or if you do they will be less painful and not stay so long. good luck

Hi K..
Just thought you would like a bit of info on your sores. webmd.com has very valuable information for all medical problems no matter how small...Australian Tea Tree oil will work the fastest to remedy your situation...can be found at Wal Mart...but for long term prevention there is a toothpaste that will do the trick...it's called Verve Ultra...I've heard it works because it is vitamin fortified. Hope it helps. Have a great day and may you be successful in all you endeavor.

My page says my name is G. just for fun...but my name is Becky. Take care.
Canker Sores: Symptoms, Triggers and Treatment
Canker sores are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth. Learn how to prevent and treat canker sores.
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores Add to your HealthVault Scrapbook
Canker Sores Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention on ...
Learn the causes (tomatoes, toothpaste), symptoms, treatment and prevention of canker sores (mouth ulcers). They're not the same as cold sores and oral herpes.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/canker_sores/article_em.htm Add to your HealthVault Scrapbook
Canker sore - MayoClinic.com
Canker sore — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatment and prevention of these ... Canker sores, also called aphthous ulcers, are small, shallow lesions that develop on the ...
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/canker-sore/DS00354

I have tried products that coat the sore...they form a hard film. Feels great to have the protection. But when they some off they tend to take skin with them. Be cautious. Overseas I remember a waxy coating product...that did not rip off skin, but I have never seen it here. Orthodontists provide wax to patients with braces...maybe that would work?

I get canker sores from citrus and i use orajel for the pain-right before you eat and take it in your purse! nothing takes them away that i have found but swishing warm salt water helps too :)-K.

My mom has been doing this for years and so have I to take care of Canker sores....

You go to the store and buy yogurt... not just any yogurt though.... you have to get the yogurt that has the fruit on the bottom... not the pre-stired.

The reason for this is there is enzymes or special features (sorry brain is not working so can not think of the right words) that are in the fruit on the bottom yogurt.

IT WORKS ON CANKER SORES!!

HTH

1 / 3