Can Your Birth Control Pills Make You Sick???

I just had my little girl about 7 weeks ago..my husband and I had intercourse 2 times about a week and a half ago. I went to the Doctor on Monday and got my prescription of birth control pills, I took 1 that night and I took 2 yesterday so I would be caught up today. I have not taken one yet today, but when I woke up I felt sick all of a sudden and went to throw up. I'm panicking right now! I took a pregnancy test yesterday just to be sure before I took the birth control because it said it was dangerous on the box if you were pregnant. It was a cheap test, it said negetive. What do you guys think? Should I buy another test? Should I just wait it out and see? Is it probably just my birth control? That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks!

When I was on birth control pills, and I would miss one and double up the next day to catch up... I was ALWAYS feeling like that. It's definitely common.

I have had occasions where my pills make me feel sick to my stomach as well. It doesn't happen all the time. I have found that if I take them with my evening meal I do better with them than first thing in the morning.

I would doubt that you are pregnant after giving birth only 7 weeks ago, (if you are breastfeeding).

According to this website, double dosing for a missed pill can cause nausea for 12-24 hours. This information should be on your medication information insert.

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/pill_the.html

By the way, I can't take birth control pills, because I always got sick on them as well.

My pills made me have nausea and since you took 2 at one time that is probably what is going on.

The same thing happened to me. They can absolutely make you sick...I called my OB/GYN and had him prescribe me something with a lower dose of hormones. It worked like a charm! Good luck!

The pills are probably not agreeing with you. Call your doctor and they will most likely prescribe you something with less hormones. It happened to me and I was given Alyssa 28.

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!

When I first started birth control pills... they made me VERY sick. It took my system a few days to get used to them. Also... you don't normally start having morning sickness due to pregnancy so soon.. I think it's usually around 7 weeks.

On the other hand... my doctor told me that you were VERY fertile during the 6 weeks after delivering a baby. It's really too soon to tell if you're pregnant with an at home test... so if you're really concerned about it, then call and see if your doctor will do a blood test for you.

Good luck!!

-A.

birth control pills have bad bad things in them
You should look up the brand and read up on it...
Make sure it doesn't cause cancer, blood clots, etc.
Most do.. be careful!

1 / 3