Can You Recommend a Good Kids Shampoo and Conditioner?

My 5 year old daughter is growing her hair out and I'm finding it much harder to manage as it gets longer. Lots of tangles and hard to comb/brush! She has thick hair with a little wave in it. Does anyone have any shampoo and conditioners that they like for girls with longer hair?

My daughter and I both have long hair and like using Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner. That line of products actually has several conditioners that I really like.

My daughter (who is 9 now) grows hers out for Locks of Love and once it gets past shoulder length we start using Infusion Spray Leave in Conditioner and then braid it before she goes to bed at night. Doesn't seem to matter what shampoo we use as long as we use the conditioner, it is soft and easy to work with in the morning.

Good Luck.

I absolutely love Trader Joe's Nourish shampoo and conditioner. My daughter has very ratty hair and that stuff works great and it's mostly organic and not tested on animals and only $2.99 a bottle.

I have custody of my 3 1/2 yr old grand daughter. She to had long hair till we had to have it cut duo to Sm bowl obstructions do to her eating her hair. I used/use Johnson's baby shampoo with conditioner in it. They do have a it but very hard to fine. I gave up on looking, so I use a little pantene pro-V in her hair it works great. I hope this will work for you. Good luck. E.

My 5 year old has hair down to the middle of her back. I use the Suave 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 and then I use the Suave kids conditioner. As long as I use both her hair is a lot easier to comb through. Plus these are not that expensive.

I agree with Sharon D. Even with a good conditioner, a spray detangler will help a lot. I think J&J and Loreal but make one for kids.

my daughter has a ton of hair--she's 4 1/2 and has had it cut at the local salon probably a good 10 times, 2-4 inches each time! It's thick, but pretty straight. We use Johnson/Johnson shampoo/conditioner combo for straight hair, but I believe they have one for curly hair too. We then also use J/J "No More Tangles" spary after bath (or shower) before combing--works like a charm. If there are extra snarles, I just spray a little extra in that spot. My mom used that stuff on us (that was over 30 years ago) so I'm thinking it's a pretty reliable product. Good Luck!

I like the new Suave 2 in 1. I think there is a strawberry one. There are cartoon girls on the front. My daughter has really curly hair, but it gets so stragly in the winter and this seems to help.

I really like the D'Organiques Original Sprout shampoo and spray-in conditioner: http://uggamugga.blogspot.com/2008/03/dorganiques-origina...

When my daughter was young and had long hair I'd brush it before bedtime and put it in a loose braid. Made mornings so much easier (and quicker)with lot less tangles in her hair. My daughter also had/ has thick and wavey hair.

1 / 3