Can You Mix Formula Powders?

i have an abundance of similac formula powder but when my daughter drinks it, she spits up alot. she's 10 months old and i thought her system was advanced enough to handle the similac, but i was wrong.

she eats enfamil and has no problem with it but it's a bit more expensive and i have the similac already.

my question is, can you mix the formula powders together? i was thinking maybe she wouldn't spit up so much if i mix them together.

thank you!

I think that the pediatricains have coupons for formula. Neither of my kids drank Similac or Emphamil, I gave them breast milk then the Parents Choice Walmart brand formula. If shes 10 mos then you only 2 more months to go until she can drink regular milk.

I did it with my son and he did great. He was similac but I kept getting B1G1 coupons at the grocery store for enfimal so I wanted to save some $. I would do 1 scoop enfamil, the rest simalac. He did great with it. I also did this mixture when I switched him to milk, 2 oz milk with the rest formula. My dr told me they're all pretty much the same, you just need to do it slowly.

My daughter had problems with Similac also and was able to use Enfamil. My pediatrician had suggested that I use the Sam's Club brand because it is very similar to Emfamil and she said the same thing about Parent's Choice. My daughter was able to use either of these interchangeably and they were a lot cheaper than Enfamil.

I am not aware of any problem mixing formulas until you use up your Similac.

My son had problems with his original formula (enfamil w/iron) and we switched to Enfamil Gentlease. the doctor told us to hold onto the cans of enfamil w/iron and use them in my son's cereal when the time comes. Maybe you could use the Similac in your daughters cereal and the enfamil in her bottles. Good luck!

i mixed them when i was trying to switch my daughter from one brand to another... so it's worth a try.

they also say to do that when switching to milk... if it's an 8 oz bottle... do one scoop of the similac to 3 scoops of your other brand... and you could even up it to half and half after a few days/week, then switch to one scoop old brand to 3 scoops similac.
Some Dr's even ok whole milk after 10 months, so you could even try that. good luck!!!!!!!!

No. don't mix the formula's. Your better off seeing if you can return the similac or exchange it for the enfamil. I know it's a bit more expensive, but the cost shouldn't matter when it comes down to your babies health. Talk to your doctor to figure out the BEST formula for your baby. It could be a lot worse. The 9mo old I babysit had to use a formula that costs more than $26 a can for the powder. She is on WIC and that helps alot with the expense...if you aren't on it you should see if you qualify. Have a great Holiday!!

We used Parents Choice for my last 2 kids and they did fine with it.And my dr said it was fine to start whole milk at 9months so by a year they'd be off formula.I think by 11months they where done with formula and bottles.

But you can try to mix it,i don't think it'd hurt.Good luck to you

I don't think I would do that. Mixing different formulas may upset her little belly. Maybe you could call the pediatrician and ask just to be sure. Good luck!

1 / 3