Can You Know the Sex at 13 Weeks?

Hey Moms I am just wondering if anyone has ever 1.) found out your babies sex as early and 13 weeks. 2.) was it right?

I had a sonogram done last week to see “how far along” I was. I am nursing and they had a hard time trying to figure out a date of conception seeing as how my periods are very sporadic.

Anyhow the Doctor is like oh yes you are 13 weeks and it’s a boy! I have 2 other children and they couldn’t tell me the sex until I was around 6 months. So I am not sure how this doctor knows sooo soon. Not only that she was like” I am POSITIVE” because I said isn’t it a little too early to tell?

So just wondering if anyone has found out the sex so early on? And it so were they right?

I would say mistakes can always be made at anytime. So prepare for either. But, usually if a mistake is made it is when they think it is a girl, and it isn't. But, if they think it's a boy, it probably is unless the umbilical cord is in the way. Congrats!

My doctors have always told me the sex of the baby around 18 weeks and they where right with everyone of them it's not hard to tell if it looks like 4 little lines it's a girl and if someing is sticking out there it's a boy

my sister in law had an ultrasound done at 12 weeks and they told her it was a girl and it was correct. I alway thought that was too early to tell as well, but I guess not. Congrats on you new little one which ever way it turns out.

Congrats!

Yes, I have found out the sex of all 3 of my babies at 14 weeks and they have been right with each of their sexes. I was high risk so I had to go to specialists and the ultrasounds and sonograms are fabulous. The technology is better than in the past but if you are not sure ask your OBGYN to double check at your next appointment. Your doctor should be able to tell also if you are having a boy or not.

It is a little unusual to see the sex that early on. But since she said it is a boy, that is probably correct. If she had said it was a girl, then I would be concerned she was wrong because at 13 weeks the testicles could still descend out of the abdomen.

Don't bet the farm! I'm surprised they'd give you a definate sounding answer at this early date. Barring a DNA test, at 13 weeks I'd take anything on an ultrasound with a grain of salt.

I had an ultrasound with my son at 11 weeks and they were pretty sure at that time, although they weren't willing to bet on it quite yet. If it's a boy, it's a little easier to tell if they are in the right position. I wouldn't bank on it until they do the 20 week ultrasound, but they could very well be right!

I was told at 13 weeks that it was a boy, and it was. It's easier to tell with boys. With my girl they couldn't say for sure until I was 20 weeks. So, yes it happened to me, and he was right.

I was told at 12 weeks that the baby was a boy and sure enough I had a healthy baby boy!!!

1 / 3