Can You Have a Period and Still Be Pregnant

Hello ladies,

This maybe a very stupid question, but here it goes: I started my period yesterday, but before that I was almost sure I was pregnant. I hadn't taken the test yet, but I had a few of the symptoms.
Today I feel very nauseous and light headed, and I usually don’t feel like this with my periods, so I was wondering if you can be pregnant and still have a period (not spotting, but like a regular period)? Has anyone experienced anything like that?
Thank you,

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. I took a pregnancy test as soon as my period was over and it came back negative. I was surprised because I’m still feeling nauseous, light headed and my breasts are somewhat tender; I guess I may have a stomach bug or something and it was just wishful thinking.

Regards to all

I did have bleeding all the way threw with my daughter, it was so bad I had to be on bed rest about 7 months of the 9.

Yes you can have a period and still be pregnant. In fact it happened to me. I had a regualar period and I did not start having pregnancy symptoms until after that period. That is when I took the test. My periods stopped after that one, but I was pregnant...My daughter is 8 weeks old today!

yes it is possible especially early on.

Yes you can be pregnant and be on your period just take a
test .Also your harmones can be messed up I had all signs
of being pregnant but my harmones were messed up.

I think if it is a full on period you are not pregnat. I just had the same thing happen to me. I was 12 days late and I am never late But I dont register on pregnancy test because I ovulate so close to my period. I have never missed except when I was pregnant with each of my kids. But then out of the blue I had my period a few days ago. you could always take a test after your period just to make sure, but it sounds like you were ether stressed and had a late period that was bad or your having a very early miscarriage.

Take a test (either a home test or a blood test performed at a physician's office) before jumping to any conclusions.

I had a regular period for the first three months of my first pregnancy. It was a little scary because I thought I was having a miscarriage but I ended up with a healthy girl. Take a pregnancy test. If it's negative and the symptoms stay the same, go to the doctor.

Hi D S, Yes you can. When I was pregnant with my first child, mine lasted a couple of months. It wasn't heavy the whole time, but I still had it checked out. I was told that it is completely normal. God Bless! N. L.

1 / 3