Can You Feel the IUD During the Sex?

Hi ladies,
I had an IUD for first time in about 3 months ago after my two children.wich I had no problems with,but sometimes I think I can feel that during the sex! I went to the doctor about that he said evetything is fine and that is because im thinking on that all the time wich is true!!Now im not sure ....can i feel it or is just in my head?Please share your experience with me,thanks

My husband could feel the string he hated it and hardly ever wanted to have sex! I got it removed for other reasons, but I never did feel it. I was just real uncomfortable!

Not a thing. Hubby felt the line for the first couple of weeks, and then they softened, and now for the past 8 years, nothing.

So when you went to the doc they did an ultrasound to check placement? And moved it about a bit to make sure that it's not poking/partially embedded?

i don't know if I ever felt it, but my husband did. he said he felt like he was being stabbed, so I got it removed.
right after I had it put it, I had seen an episode of Grey's anatomy involving an IUD misshap, which didn't help either. I never felt comfortable with it it... now I use the nuva ring. LOVE it!

no felt mine- also on my 2nd. My husband says he can feel the string (i never noticed it there either) but I think he is just thinking that! Still he doesn't complain about it so it must not be too noticable.
If everything is where it should be you probably are just thinking it..... but if it bothers you, it is worth talking to your doctor again.
Hope this helps :)

Nope, I don't feel anything. No complaints from hubby either.

I did at first and then i got the strings snipped more. My husband never felt it! It all depends on your body!

My husband can feel my strings, which don't wrap quite the way they are supposed to. I can feel them if I check for them and they are kind of pokey. But I can't feel those inside. Sometimes I do think that I can feel it poke me, inside my uterus, if I sit down in just the right (or wrong) position. I have wondered if it was in my head too. But I will feel just a little twinge sometimes, and if I shift positions, I don't feel it anymore. The closest thing I can compare it to is if you have a tampon inserted incorrectly and you can feel it when you sit down, and you have to go remove it and do it again. That happened to me once, and this feels sort of like that. Not painful though. And I know mine is positioned correctly, so that is why I have wondered if I was imagining it.

I'm on my second and have never felt it, and neither has my husband.

1 / 3