Can I Wear This for a Baptism?

Hello ladies!
Here I am again. I was wondering I'm going to be doing the baptism for my boys next month, and I can't find nothing to wear! I hate dresses!!!! always had and now more I'm a little bit overweight more!!!!! So, I was wondering is it okay to wear black slacks (pants formal) w/a nice blouse or shirt for this day?

thank you !

A pant suit is appropriate. You want to be comfortable. Though black is not the customary color to wear at a baptism, if this is what you have then make it work with a pretty light-colored blouse, a fun necklace...anything that looks festive.
Blessings

Hi N., Yes. You can wear black dressie pants and a dressie white blouse. That would look nice. Been there, done that, and was told I looked very nice. GOD BLESS. M. H.

N.,

You shouldn't wear anything low cut that shows too much cleavage, or short shorts or skirts or dresses so short that you can't sit or bend over without showing your panties. Black slacks and a nice blouse? I say go for it! Church is a place to glorify God. God doesn't care what you wear to church but to be respectful, we we should dress a bit more modestly so we don't offend anyone.

Hi - it seems like all the Moms are in agreement. I think it really depends upon the type of church you attend. My children were all baptized in a Southern Baptist church and I'm sure I wore pants too. I also do not like dresses, I have several body issues and have gained weight too! We attend a Church of God now and the general congregation is more formal but they are much older people and were raised that way. I still wear pants to church and I don't believe that God will abandon me for that.

If people gossip about your clothes on a day like that that then "they" need to have a reality check.

God bless you all
M. F

Hi, N.. Well, my first thought is that as long as you are dressed appropriately for church, dressy pants and a dressy blouse should be fine. However, some churches are a little weird when it comes to what they want women to wear, so if that is the case with your church, you need to consider that. Otherwise, the baby and the Lord are really the stars of the Baptism, so don't worry too much. ( :

Blessings,
Syl

Absolutely! People (especially in Florida)don't dress formally for church anymore. Jazz up the outfit with some great jewelry.

Blessings

If your place of worship allows for women to wear pants, then the outfit of black (formal) slacks with a nice blouse or shirt is appropriate. Besides, it would be a comfortable outfit and you will have one less thing to stress over (which will allow you to be more focused on the baptism).

I'm not catholic, but protestants have something called a dedication, and it doesn't matter what anyone wears. If you were at my church it would be OK. I don't think God really cares what you are wearing!

1 / 3