Can I Take Cold Medicine While on Zoloft?

Hi moms, the dr office and the pharmacy are both closed so I can't call. I have been on Zoloft for one week and today I have developed a cold. Uggghh. Can I take Nyquil? Will it interact with Zoloft? I take the Zoloft in the evening if that matters any. Thanks in advance!

I googled it and some sites said yes and others said no.

My husband is a pharmacist and he says you can do it. It might make you drowsy, but that's about it.

There should be a 24 hour pharmacy around though, I'd become familiar with it in case you ever need it though! We have 2 that aren't that close but we have used them!

You can take it, but I wouldn't take it together personally. Their should be a 24 hour pharmacy near you that can answer this question.

There are tons of pharmacies that are open that you can call. Walgreens, Walmart, even some in grocery stores. That way you can be sure.

You can also google Zoloft and see what their website says. There are a lot of places to find this information.

My hubby takes Zoloft and has been for some time. He has taken Nyquil and had no side effects. Nyquil no longer works for me since they took out the Sudafed and replaced it with the fake Sudafed. That stuff does not do anything for me except make my heart race and palpitate. It does nothing for the congestion.

I take real Sudafed for sinus congestion and stay away from the combination drugs that have stuff I do not need.

I hope you get feeling better soon, having a cold does not feel good.

Yup,
my son is on Zoloft and has allergies, so occasionally he will take a Nyquil liquid cap at night. He has never had any side effects. Oh, he also uses Benadryl, and loratadine - depending on his allergy symptoms.

You can take it, but it may make you more sleepy.. No driving..

I've taken OTC sinus medicine while on Zoloft without an issue. I'm on a low dose so that may have something to do with it
This is straight from the Zoloft website if that helps:

Patients should be told that while no adverse interaction of ZOLOFT with over-the-counter (OTC) drug products is known to occur, the potential for interaction exists. Thus, the use of any OTC product should be initiated cautiously according to the directions of use given for the OTC product.

1 / 3