Can I Get Crayon Out of My Car??

Is there a way to get crayon out of the seat of a car? There's purple, green and orange melted into the velour. I have tried ironing it out, and I've tried carpet cleaner/with machine. It is not coming out like I hoped it would. It will transfer onto clothing is sat on while it is warm in the car. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with vaseline on clothing. I googled and pulled up several websites, if you have yet to be able to remove the crayon google. Good luck D. S.

K., the best and fastest way is to take a brown paper bag lay it over the crayon and use a hot iron and iron it out. It will soak up in the paper. Sounds crazy but take it from an older woman it works. Also great for getting candle wax out of carpet. You may have to do it more than once but you will see results right away.

I am not sure if it would work, but it would not hurt to try. My daughter got green silly puddy on her new doll, and I got it out with hand sanitizer! I read it on line, actually in several places, so I tried it, and it really got it out...after several applications and cleaning. You could try it:) Good luck, I am sure it is frustrating!! ~A.~

The Crayola site says to scrape excess off with dull knife. Spray with wd40 and let set for a few minutes. Brush with stiff bristled brush. Wipe with paper towels and repeat if necessary. Then to get the WD40 out use dishwashing liquid. Good luck.

I used to work at a car wash detailing cars. We had a machine that we used to steam the interior It worked great to get out melted crayons.

Cover it with a paper bag and iron to melt. Then use Oxyclean and a damp clean cloth wiping always toward the center of the stain. Repeat until gone.

GL!

Not sure which store you shop at but I get mine at walmart. It is in a yellow bottle where you get you laundry detergent and it is for removing crayon. Use a blow dryer to warm the crayon as you go. Do not get it so hot that it is runny but warm enough to be soft then clean it with this using a sponge and paper towels. It may not get it all out because as the crayon melted it sunk down in the fabric to the foam seating inside. Make sure to test a spot with a paper towel and a dab of this stuff concentrated under the edge of the seat first so you do not ruin color. Once you have gotten all of it out that you can use hot spot which I find in the automotive section at walmart but can get near carpet cleaners in grocery store to remove the rest this stuff will remove the grease stains from your shoes on the floor board also. The ht spot that is. Do not forget to pick up a couple cans of scotch guard while you are there and after it is dry soak the back seat with it so in the future spills will not penetrate the fibers. Good Luck

Yes you can the best thing to use is Solumel from Melaleuca. It will get anything out of your car, carpet, etc.

www.workathomeunited.com/2learn

1 / 3