Can I Drink If Trying to Conceive !!!

I Am trying to conceive and i just took a pregnancy test yesterday it has been 2 weeks and 3 days that i have been trying and i was wondering if i could drink with my friends I'm unsure what i can do

Just don't over do it. I would think a glass of something would be fine. I know I had several glasses of wine on a couple of different occasions before I found out I was pregnant and my daughter is just fine. I have heard that sometimes when you get so uptight with rules to try to get pregnant a lot of my friends had no luck, the second they stopped trying it happens. Not to mention sometimes its that glass of something that gets us pregnant. :-) Good luck.

My advice is no. Its not safe and if you are trying to conceive you might as well get used to abstaining since you will be eventually anyway.

everyone's answer will be 'NO!'
but there are MANY people who conceived while drinking, and have perfectly healthy lovely babies.. like mine :)

My OBGYN told me to not act pregnant until you are (meaning you know) you are pregnant. I didn't believe her for 2 years while trying to get pregnant, and I didn't drink caffeine or alcohol for 2 years until I was completely bitter and angry and gave up, thinking I couldn't get pregnant. Went back to my normal life and was happy and that's when I got pregnant. She is a very healthy little one year old. I say drink with your friends until you get a possitive test.

It's much more important that you start taking your vitamins before you get pregnant than it is to cut out alcohol completely. I wouldn't overdo it if you think you could be pregnant but don't have a positive test yet. And if you have tried for a while to concieve and it isn't working, I would recommend cutting out the alcohol, because it can make it harder to conceive. But you haven't even been trying for a full cycle yet, so I wouldn't worry about that yet. The best way to get pregnant for most people is to not stress out too much about it and to be laid back. So enjoy a girls night out or a date with hubby, just dont get trashed every few days, you should be fine.

Sure - just don't get rip-roaring drunk. By the way, since you are trying to conceive, please start prenatal vitamins so that you are protecting your fetus from spina bifida and some cleft palates. You need folic acid.

Good luck getting pregnant!

Well, you know that you may be pregnant... you could go get a blood test to be sure, it could show up by now. That might put your mind at ease. A drink would certainly help you relax if you aren't pregnant since you seem to be stressed about not being pregnant yet. I wouldn't get drunk though, maybe one or two. Our bodies to protect little embyo's in the beginning weeks of pregnancy before we know we are pregnant but if you think you might be, you might as well treat your body like you are right?
Good luck and hope you get a + sign soon!

I would also suggest, taking pre-natal vitamins already, if you are not doing so. Even when trying to conceive, it is recommended. That is what my OB/GYN told me.
And as always, go by your ovulation symptoms... or track it. That is when you can conceive.

all the best,
Susan

I think the surest way to make sure you're pregnant is to go out for drinks out after a negative pregnancy test :) (it worked for me twice!). I think if it's in moderation it's fine!

it's actually safer to drink WHILE you are solidly pregnant (3-9 months) than in that first trimester. Ther *worst* time to drink as far as birth defects go is during the first 2 weeks of gestation, before most women know that they're pregnant.

One of life's ironies.

R

1 / 3