Can Banana Pudding Be Made the Day Before with Fresh Bananas?

I am going to make a huge banana pudding for tomorrow afternoon. I usually make it the morning of the event, but I will not have time tomorrow. I usually do layers of pudding with layers of fresh bananas. Then I top it with fresh bananas.

I was going to make the pudding, but wait to place the bananas on top till right before I deliver the pudding, but do you think the "layered bananas will still be ok tomorrow and not turn brown by tomorrow afternoon? Thank you for your help.

I made the banana pudding last night. This morning, I wish I could take a big spoon and dip it in there to eat some. It looks so good. I followed your suggestions and I am sure it is going to be great. Thank you for your help.

Squeeze the juice from a couple of fresh lemons and coat the banana slices well, that will help with that pesky browning!

I am probably too late for this time,but wanted troshare with you that you can buy citrus powder to take care of fruit turnng brown. I always make mine the daybefore and it looks good. You do hae to sprinkle all the bananas as you
lice them. I do it in layers.

J. T.

yes it will be just fine i always make mine the night before just make sure u cover and keep it cold it will be just fine

YES it can however any cookies that you add will be soggy be sure and cover and seal very well before you put in the ref. the night before. Yummmmmm

L.,

I think the bananas will be fine if you make the pudding a day ahead.

Well, my mom does hers a bit different, she actually MAKES the pudding, homemade (PM me if you want the recipe). She cuts her bananas up before she cooks them & splashes them w/lemon juice (not TOO much) to prevent browning. (you can either cut them up in a bowl if you want or do like my mom does, she just uses the measuring cup to avoid too many dishes to wash). Do you place as you cut?? I don't know if you want to try & 'make' the pudding but I know lemon juice DOES prevent browning. We have leftovers for a few days & still is not brown. You can try cutting them up, splashing w/lemon juice then placing in your pudding. Good luck!

Making the banana pudding a day ahead of time will be fine. I agree with you that you should wait to put the bananas on the top until you are ready to deliver the pudding. I've made banana pudding the night before a lot & I've never had any problems.

Banana pudding is my favorite dessert to make (and eat!) =). I'm positive that if your bananas are really fresh today, that there'll be no problem (as far as browning is concerned) if you were to make the banana pudding today and serve it tomorrow.

1 / 3