Can Baby/toddler Girl Wear Some Boys Clothes?

I have a 2 1/2 year old son and am expecting a girl at the end or December. I'm running out of room to store all the different sizes of my son's clothes. I have some unisex looking baby clothes (I want her to look/dress like a girl) but what I was really wondering about is whether I can keep my son's jeans and stuff... like 12+ months stuff. Things that don't scream 'boys clothes'. To me, jeans are jeans except for a few fancy girls jeans that have fancy applique on them. Are boys/girls sizes the same. I am totally looking forward to getting all the cute girlie clothes but when they grow so fast, I want to 'try' to make whatever I have go a second round if possible.

Thanks for all the positive advice. I'll go thru all the clothes and keep anything that isn't super boy looking. And maybe I'll do some appliques and sew some lace at the bottom of the jeans. I'm an artist so I can even get fabric paint and do some really cute designs on the pant legs. It will be easier doing it to pants we already have opposed to brand new jeans. I think I can get pretty creative with some of his things!

Absolutely! There's nothing wrong with wearing boys' jeans/tshirts/sweatshirts...even socks. Sometimes even the shoes look unisex.

Yep as far as I know, they are the same size and whatnot. A few boys clothes such as jeans could definantly be reused for her. My mom did that with us (she had 9 kids, so clothes that looked unisex were definantly reused lol) and my nieces have worn some of their older brother's stuff when they were younger.

Definately reuse them! You can always get hairbows or such to match the outfits for a spark of girliness.

I dressed my little girl in some boys clothes if I liked the style and color. Cost was always an issue.

Heck, I still sometimes dress myself in men's t-shirts because I like the colors way better than the girlie pastels and prints available in women's clothes. But that's me.

I have yet to be hauled off by the fashion police.

i think its so adorable when girls dress a litlte tomboy - with a bow of course. You can also post an ad on craigslist to trade boy for girl clothes.

Hi, T.:
Yes.

God I hope they can because my girl is! :)

I even have her in some boy clothes for the extra clothes at daycare if she has a blowout. The sizes are the same and they really don't care. I figure I can put something pink in the outfit to make her look girly or when she gets old enough to have pigtails I won't even have to worry about it. Clothes are soooo expensive and other than a couple onsies and pants, all the cute girly clothes that my daughter has are either MY hand-me-downs or gifts. My girl is only 3.5 months and really doesn't care what she is wearing, and luckily neither do my husband or I.

Please use those unisex clothes! Might as well get some use out of them! Especially pants or overalls - great for protecting those little knees. My kids always had scratches or bruises if they weren't wearing something tough like Osh-kosh-B-gosh pants!

Your little girl doesn't have to be a girly-girl everyday, so just mix it up! It'll make her more well rounded!

Of course you can! You'll be GREEN and helping the environment! Save money and treat yourself!

1 / 3