Can Babies See Ghosts or Angels???

So my husband and my mom think I am crazy. My daughter Presley is 8 months old and whenever we are in her room and I have her on the floor changing her diaper or playing with her she will stare into one corner of her room. If she is on her back facing away from that corner she will arch her back and strain to look into that corner and starts smiling and laughing at whatever is in that corner. The only thing in that corner is a rocking chair. So what do you think? I keep telling myself that maybe it is my father who passed away 12 years ago when I was 17 years old. It's nice to think that maybe he is with her..... ;)

I used to wonder the same thing when my son was younger. I believe in spirits. I'd like to think they can, b/c it would be wonderful if my dad could see him as well!

yes they can. It's like the story of the Polar Express, where at the end he gets a bell from santa but as he gets older the ring goes away, he can't hear it anymore but as a child he could. Babies , children and animals can see ghosts and angels.

I love that! My twin girls did the same thing at the same spot of one room. My Mom passed before ever seeing the girls.
Then in our new home a humming bird hovered at a window as to look at the 3 of us individually and say I've found you and have followed. My Mom loved them and after we passed each family member got a stained glass humming bird. It felt so warm and so fun to see that, I looked up and said "Hi Mom and thank you God for that moment" Soooooo special. Enjoy it!

I'm a believer through and through. When I was 9 we lived in Germany (military) and my mom's younger brother died of cancer here in the states. My parents left me and my brother in Germany with friends and had come back to the states just before he actually died. We lived in an apartment building on the 5th floor and the friends taking care of us were just under us on 4. I was actually in my apartment watching TV by myself right about the time my uncle died. I remember getting up to get something from the kitchen and as I walked back into the living room, I saw my uncle sitting on the couch. He was opaque and had a glow to him. I remember being a little freaked out, but not scared. He smiled at me as if to say, "It's OK." I stood there for a minute and calmly walked to the TV, turned it off and went back down to the 4th floor. I told my mom when she got back and she told me she's had experiences like that before, too.

That's the only person I lost "close" to me as a young child, so I didn't really experience anything else like that...that is until my father's mother died when I was in high school. I saw her at church for a few moments....I was in Texas and she died in Oklahoma. That experience wasn't as vivid or long lasting, but I did see her for a few moments. And she had died at home very early on a Sunday morning. We didn't get the call until after church. I had just turned around because I had a feeling someone was watching me and she was sitting in the pew at the back of the church where she always sat at any church. I didn't stop and stare for a long time because I obviously didn't want people to think I was staring at them. But I did see her and when I turned back around a few moments later, she was gone.

I think my family is surround by loved ones. My husband's mom died when he was young (15). I think my daughter sees her and my grandfather, whom I was very close to. She used to do the same thing as a baby. She's 2 1/2 now and she'll say things, answer questions and look like she's talking to someone who's not physically in the room. I don't know if she will possess the same "gift" as my mom and I do, but I hope she does! I think it comes from faith.

One other interesting tidbit, my mom's house - it's brand new and was built on family property across the road from her mother - every time she or I take pictures of her house from outside (even as it was being built!) we get orbs in the pictures. Never in the same place, Pictures have been taken at different times of the day with 4 different cameras both digital and 35mm film, there aren't any reflectors to cause this, it's not rain....it's spirits of loved ones. There's about 6 to 8 and some are stronger than others. I haven't "seen" anyone in a long time, but I feel them and I have dreams about them. My mom does, too. We think it's a gift.

So, no, you're not crazy. If you are, then there's a bunch of us who are! :)

Yes, I do believe in ghosts/angels and I think anyone can see them. I had a similar situation with my daughter who was 2 months premature. A few months after coming home she would look to the right side of her crib when I changed her diaper never to the other side. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see small orbs floating around but if I tried to look directly at them they were gone. This lasted for a while til we went out of town. When we came back they were gone. I do believe they were angels looking after her. We have had many instances of paranormal activity and the instances have followed us around the World. Now it's rather normal. Don't fret about your child. I'm sure it is your father and you should cherish the moments he is in your daughter's presence.

My daughter use to tell me that she could see god's magic.... I think spirits do appear more often to children, because they are by nature fearless, open and non judgmental. You may want to ask her what she sees is the form of yes/no questions....

I totally think they can! I think for some reason children and animals are most likely to be able to see the spirits. I have a 5 yr old girl and she has told me about "nannies" in her room at night who do not like our dogs (she however loves our animals). She says they watch over her! My 11 month old does some strange things as well, although I haven't noticed anything with her as obvious as you have with your daughter. You aren't crazy!

that is so funny - my daughter used to laugh and smile at one particular point on the ceiling, there was nothing there, but i used to like to think it was my late mother smiling down over her.

i do believe in angels, not sure about ghosts though!

Yes they can. I can give you multiple examples, but I'll just give you a few. I'll start with one of my friend's child (she has 5 children). This particular child is now 10yo, but when he was around 3, he was sitting with his grandfather in church and looked up and asked his grandfather how do you get up there....he was pointing to the ceiling in the chapel towards the front. His grandfather said 'you can't get up there'. The child said, 'then how did they get up there?' He asked him some more questions...they were wearing white and there were several seemingly happy people, etc.

Let's fast forward to my daughter who is currently 3.5 years old. When she was about to turn 3, we were sitting at church and my daughter was pointing up high saying 'they need to be careful'. My husband and I immediately looked at each other, then at her and asked her who are you talking about..she says, 'those people up there, they need to be careful'. It was awesome and an awesome feeling. The following Sunday, she was looking up at the same spot again and was saying something else about them. This went on for just a couple of weeks, then nothing. It was neat.

I remember one time we stopped in the van waiting and Mia looks out the window and pointing (nothing is there) and our 1yo looked in the same direction and smiled. There was nothing there for us to see, of course.

With our 3yo, she did that a lot as a baby...looking in the same area of a room and smiling. (My husband and I were always 'hoping' it was our daughter that had died...I guess we can always wish.) :0)

Anyway, the veil can be thin for those entering and leaving this earth. Our family loves us whether they are here with us or not.

Mother of (5) 4 living children

1 / 3