Can Anyone Suggest a Great High Chair That Has a Weight Limit of at Least 45Lbs?

I have a 10 month old who weighs 26 lbs already and is about 32 inches tall. I am having a hard time finding a high chair (I would like one that rolls) that has a higher weight limit. Most of what I am finding is either 36 or 40 lbs. At the rate he is growing, I would really like to just buy one that goes up to at least 45lbs. I found one (Zooper Pea's and Carrots) but the reviews have not been great. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the advice. We actually have the Infant To Toddler Booster Seat and this is what we have been using. We really just wanted a high chair with wheels so that he could move around the kitchen with me (or his nanny). After all of your comments I think we will probably just stick to what we have been using. Thank you so much for taking time to help!

I just got the greatest hichair for my 7th month old it rolls it also has a little niffty hiddin conpartment on the tray its self it lowers an rises to desired height it is easy to let down too I love it its at Wallmart for 54.00 by Evenflow

The Peg Perego Prima Pappa is a great high chair. I've used it with 2 boys and it has held up great. My 2nd son was big for his age too...he was 30 lbs at 1 year, but this chair was perfect for him. The height and foot rest are adjustable and it collapses for easier storage. It rolls around and has brakes that keep it positioned where you want it. Also, the seat reclines so if you have more children, you can use it when they first begin eating. It is a little pricey, but well worth the money!

I'm not sure about an actual high chair, but I believe the portable high chair that I had went up to like 50lbs. It's basically like a booster seat with a tray that attatches. You strap the seat onto the dining room chair and you're good to go. It does also have straps to keep the child secure. HTH

M. M

H.,

We put our daughter in a $14 booster chair that straps to a dining chair (w/ the click on tray) starting at 8 or 9 months. We never even really used a highchair.

I wish I'd thought of it for my first!

P

There's probably not a lot that will hold a higher weight limit...have you checked the weight limits on the "partial" high chairs that you place in a chair at the kitchen table? I've seen ones that have their own tray and all, just w/o the base...they might hold more since the chair would be absorbing the bulk of the weight.

I know it doesn't have wheels but since it is smaller, you might could carry it to the sink to wash off and pick up to move out of the way when not in use.

Hi there. I use the Fisher price space saver high chair that attaches to any chair. It's so light weight I've even taken it to several restaurants since my son isn't quite big enough for the regular high chairs at the restaurants. It has a weight limit of 50 lbs and converts into a toddler booster seat. I cannot say enough how much I like this chair. It will be useful for the next one too as it has three seated positions, reclining, sitting up a bit, sitting up completely. Here's a link to what I'm talking about: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product... Hope that helps even though it doesn't have wheels. Take care!

I found this site http://www.parenting.com/article/Baby/Gear/Baby-Must-Have.... It has some ratings about the The Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair. I also found a few at shopzilla.com. Good luck in finding that great chair:)

Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair in Nuvola
Go to Amazon.com and look for this. This might just be what you are looking for.

Good Luck It is more expensive but seems like it would meet your needs.

Going from 26 to 45 pounds is a huge leap. Before buying a high chair, I'd take a look at the growth chart and see what kind of trajectory your baby is on. My four year old is in the 95% for both height and weight and only weighs 42 1/2 pounds. My guess is the majority of high chairs out there will be just fine for the length of time you require one. Hope this helps!

1 / 3